Revolution

The "explanation" does not match scenes we already saw. On the very first episode that lady used a pendant to power up a computer and a light bulb. The computer exchanged text with someone elsewhere. So if the pendant "allows" power to work, where was the power coming from to power those devices, and what allowed the signals to travel along inactivated lines to the other person? (Fiber optics, ok maybe.)

Overall I don't buy it. Sorry, it's still a feeble attempt to rip off "Dies the Fire."

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys App

The "explanation" does not match scenes we already saw. On the very first episode that lady used a pendant to power up a computer and a light bulb. The computer exchanged text with someone elsewhere. So if the pendant "allows" power to work, where was the power coming from to power those devices, and what allowed the signals to travel along inactivated lines to the other person? (Fiber optics, ok maybe.)

Overall I don't buy it. Sorry, it's still a feeble attempt to rip off "Dies the Fire."

You're thinking too much. To be able to enjoy this story you have to ignore logical explanations as to why the power could be suppressed on the entire world, cars ,planes,trains,etc, and how it can be easily turned back on 15 years after everything went to sh*t in the first place. OR how all the nuclear power plants didn't just melt down a few days after they quit keeping the cooling rods cool. With 48 nuclear plants in this country ,that alone should of killed large portions of the population and caused mutants to be born, radiation sickness etc. For that matter where are all the millions of bodies buried after the civilization went down? Who buried them? MY favorite is how everyone still wears nice clothes that fit them and their hair stays cut and styled. Especially Charlie and her beautiful long hair and leather coat and boots that match.

I just stopped trying to figure out the logistics and just try to watch for the story and the characters now.

Who says the person the email was sent to wasn't next door ?
The pendants allow power for a distance that is yet unknown, but not very far from what we can tell.

You're thinking too much. To be able to enjoy this story you have to ignore logical explanations as to why the power could be suppressed on the entire world, cars ,planes,trains,etc, and how it can be easily turned back on 15 years after everything went to sh*t in the first place. OR how all the nuclear power plants didn't just melt down a few days after they quit keeping the cooling rods cool. With 48 nuclear plants in this country ,that alone should of killed large portions of the population and caused mutants to be born, radiation sickness etc. For that matter where are all the millions of bodies buried after the civilization went down? Who buried them? MY favorite is how everyone still wears nice clothes that fit them and their hair stays cut and styled. Especially Charlie and her beautiful long hair and leather coat and boots that match.

I just stopped trying to figure out the logistics and just try to watch for the story and the characters now.
EXACTLY !

It seems more to me that the pendants broadcast a local signal that causes the nanobots to deactivate.

Of course the whole thing is still silly. If nanobots somehow generated a field or other way suppressed the flow of electrons (like no lightning in the storm). Why is any thing with a nervous system still alive... The flow of electrons in our bodies would be stopped too...

It seems more to me that the pendants broadcast a local signal that causes the nanobots to deactivate.

Of course the whole thing is still silly. If nanobots somehow generated a field or other way suppressed the flow of electrons (like no lightning in the storm). Why is any thing with a nervous system still alive... The flow of electrons in our bodies would be stopped too...

I'm sure that people with pacemakers were pretty much doomed.

Charlie's mom, preparing for the trip, said, "We're not coming back." Just like Terra Nova, Alcatraz, The Event, and various other series... Last one on the set, please turn the lights off.

I expected them to at least run it in the middle of the night. Yes, that sucks for non-DVR users, but our local CBS, at least, does it all the time.

Did it run in Canada, by chance ? :D

As for the news program they pre-empted it with, it was a waste..... They gave nothing new and were looking for news/stories to report. Then again, that's typical media nowadays :(

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 14

Monday, April 22, 2013

"The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia": Monroe's paranoia is fueled by the disappearance of Neville and Jason's big decision; Miles and Charlie grow closer; Miles feels attracted to both Nora and Rachel; Rachel tries to turn the power back on.

S~

A comment on their Facebook (should be directed at NBC though, not Revolution):
Very upset about today but every other station has normal programing. You made sure you put the Voice on though huh?
I said the exact same thing last night when I told my daughter that Revolution wouldn't be on....

VOICE = Ratings cash cow
Revolution = Not so much

My 5$ says someone at NBC did the math and determined 10pm news coverage would have greater ratings and a first run episode of Revolution.
Corporations always look out for their bottom line.... always!

Why NBC Pre-empted 'Revolution' for Boston Bombing Coverage

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/tvbizwire/2013/04/why-nbc-pre-empted-revolution.php

An anchored news special with Brian Williams aired at 10 p.m. instead of the drama, which had been slated for the time slot. One issue that influenced the decision was that the plot of the "Revolution" episode was about efforts to find a nuclear bomb, which executives decided wasn't appropriate after the tragedy, the story adds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)