S 10 Rerciver vertical

Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
Hi Golden+65,

Welcome to Satellite Guys! I'm guessing you have an Openbox s10? What's the problem you're having with the V and H polarities? Is it an issue of scanning, or some channels not coming in, or something else? Hopefully, we can help you out :)

golden+65

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 18, 2010
Woodward, OK.
ON some sat's I can not get the V. SIDE . i TESTED THIS BY USING A SEPERAT RECIVER AND A MANUAL RF switch Which blead rf and then whit it on v. using the S10 I Can pick up the V.side on other sat's v.seam to work.

golden+65

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 18, 2010
Woodward, OK.
This is on Cband Ihavent tryed the Ku band the LNb that I have is a BSC421 whitch works ok with my other reciver whitch is a traxis DBS 5400

FaT Air

HOA Free Zone
Feb 27, 2010
97W 48N
Guess the thing to check is the LNB voltage. Open receiver and locate the LNB fuse and check the voltage* while powering the LNBF. ~13V vertical / ~18V horizontal
*Check from both sides of the fuse to ground. Should be within a few tenths of a volt.

Balock

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 4, 2006
Beebe, AR
With my microHD, if I have more than two switches between my receiver and the LNB, I cannot receive the vertical signals when using my Primestar LNB (w/separate V/H connections). I suspect the voltage loss through the switches drops it just enough below 13V to fail to drive the electronics. Haven't had a chance to measure it tho. Both polarities work great if I remove a switch from the path.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Your receiver is putting out to much voltage for the LNBF to switch to the vertical polarity. Likely that the voltage regulator or a resistor in the regulator circuit has failed.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Your receiver is putting out to much voltage for the LNBF to switch to the vertical polarity. Most LNBFs have a vertical switch point of approximately 14.5vdc.

Likely that the voltage regulator or a resistor in the regulator circuit has failed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts