S 10 Rerciver vertical

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi Golden+65,

Welcome to Satellite Guys! I'm guessing you have an Openbox s10? What's the problem you're having with the V and H polarities? Is it an issue of scanning, or some channels not coming in, or something else? Hopefully, we can help you out :)

ON some sat's I can not get the V. SIDE . i TESTED THIS BY USING A SEPERAT RECIVER AND A MANUAL RF switch Which blead rf and then whit it on v. using the S10 I Can pick up the V.side on other sat's v.seam to work.

This is on Cband Ihavent tryed the Ku band the LNb that I have is a BSC421 whitch works ok with my other reciver whitch is a traxis DBS 5400

Guess the thing to check is the LNB voltage. Open receiver and locate the LNB fuse and check the voltage* while powering the LNBF. ~13V vertical / ~18V horizontal
*Check from both sides of the fuse to ground. Should be within a few tenths of a volt.

With my microHD, if I have more than two switches between my receiver and the LNB, I cannot receive the vertical signals when using my Primestar LNB (w/separate V/H connections). I suspect the voltage loss through the switches drops it just enough below 13V to fail to drive the electronics. Haven't had a chance to measure it tho. Both polarities work great if I remove a switch from the path.

Your receiver is putting out to much voltage for the LNBF to switch to the vertical polarity. Likely that the voltage regulator or a resistor in the regulator circuit has failed.

Your receiver is putting out to much voltage for the LNBF to switch to the vertical polarity. Most LNBFs have a vertical switch point of approximately 14.5vdc.

Likely that the voltage regulator or a resistor in the regulator circuit has failed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)