SatelliteGuys Review: Logitech Revue with GoogleTV – A Diamond in the Rough

9news.com. Denver streams all there news. Live, the link ison there web site when they are streaming
Could someone please check to see if it works on google tv. I am thinking of buying one.

Just tried it on GTV/Chrome and it seems to work. There were a large number of canned videos available, though I didn't see any "live" link. PQ looked like widescreen SD but much worse than a DVD. I usually have 30Mbps download here.

Here is the link to the 9News Denver Live stream. It is 24x7 when no news is the stream often plays public interest announcements or a live feed of the studio room.
Does this one work? Can it do full screen? Seems almost HD quality on my PC.

I agree someone needs to make a master list of URLs that work. The link is below.

http://www.9news.com/video/9newsonline.aspx

Yup, that works. I was looking at a live view of downtown Denver, since the news isn't on right now. Fullscreen works, and it didn't look half bad other than being kind of hazy. Perhaps their canned videos are compressed too much for my 42" screen.

Nothing at CES was encouraing to me, the Marvell demo boxes that will be powering all the future GoogleTV boxes were just as slow and apparently under powered as what we have now.

Google is making an announcement tomorrow about Google TV, I expect it will be new hardware or a new refresh/direction for the initiative.

Edit: looks like maybe everyone was expecting too much from the platform that has always promised so much... might just be an updated Youtube app. http://googletv.blogspot.com/2012/02/new-updates-to-youtube-for-google-tv.html

Last edited:
Yeah, it's like a Youtube product manager got ahold of the Google TV Facebook to promote the app and posted a generic 'big announcement, yay!' message. Might be a big deal for them, but it's not in the grand scheme of things for the platform. What a disappointment.

Google is testing some sort of appliance though, will be interested in what that might be. They've gotten a 2nd approval I think for 100+ in-home tests in employees homes for it.

TheKrell said:
Yup, that works. I was looking at a live view of downtown Denver, since the news isn't on right now. Fullscreen works, and it didn't look half bad other than being kind of hazy. Perhaps their canned videos are compressed too much for my 42" screen.

Wow. KUSA TV. 9News looks to be in HD on google tv streaming on the web