SatPro.TV poor service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Port Austin

Original poster
May 9, 2007
I've been on the side lines for some time now but my experience with SatPro.Tv needs to be told. I purchased a couple items from these guys, paid for it with paypal, and waited about ten business days for it to show up. When it didn't, I tried to log into the site and check on my order but my login in doesn't work. I used their change password feature and that didn't send me anything, even after trying about ten times. So I sent an email for help with the login and I received no reply. I waited a day and sent another email asking for information on the order and no one replied. The next day I called the phone number and I went to voice mail under the sales dept and sevice dept, where I left messages and nobody called back. Finally after the third day of calling and emailing, Jose replied only to ask for the order number, which I no longer had. I emailed back the paypal number and the invoice number but again, nothing happened. Finally I sent an email to just cancel the order and he emailed me right away, saying that the item was shipped a week ago and went I send it back I will get credit. The only problem is they sent it to somewhere in California and I'm in Michigan. I run a parts service business myself, so I can relate to upset customers and people ranting on but this company is a mess.

I have no reason to doubt the bad experience you had with SatPro. I liken it to my banking with B of A for almost 30 years in Calif. and they never dropped a dime of mine and yet there are likely hundreds of folks that develop a rash and have difficulty swallowing when they hear that bank's name! Anyway, I just wanted to say I just had a great experience with Satpro.tv. On Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:00PM CT I placed an order for their '18 RV KIT', an 18" DirecTV SD portable dish with tripod, mast, cables, compass, bubble level, ground stakes and a satellite strength meter. It was delivered on Tues. 1/7. I set it up per their instructions, pointed the dish with the aid of an app on my iPhone and less than 30 minutes later from when I began I was looking at terrific satellite TV, albeit in SD as expected, on the DirecTV D12-200 receiver in our travel trailer parked under a cover near the house. I anticipate being able to do it even faster next time. I plan to keep the LNB and the LNB arm bolted together onto the mast and remove only the dish from the mount and the mast from the tripod. I plan to use wing nuts in place of standard hex nuts to secure the dish to the mount, negating the need for tools except where needed. The tripod is sturdy and the entire assembly as a whole is secure once put together and anchored to the ground with the supplied stakes. Although not a lab test, it survived a week of almost non-stop 20-30 MPH winds, rain and temp drops in the single digits without a hitch. The ONLY problem I had was that the short jumper RG-6 cable from the dish to the male-male coupler (where you plug in the furnished satellite strength meter when aiming the dish) had a tiny, almost non-existent hex flange to grasp with your fingers and try to push into a weather-resistant female 'F' connector with rubber grommet on the LNB. I e-mailed Customer Service, Jose responded the same day and within 3 days I received a replacement 6 foot RG-6 jumper cable with larger hex threads like the commercial type (like DirecTV would install) and it worked great! These not-so-nimble 65 year old fingers had no problem with it. Anyway, just wanted to say that what I bought was a great value, was delivered quickly, works great and my only issue, which was a minor one, was resolved quickly. I have no problem recommending them and will gladly patronize them again should the need arise. I regret that your experience was not as positive as mine was.

Hello:

I am new to the forum and discovered a thread that mirrors the original posters experience.

Basically, I ordered a satellite signal finder meter through their website, and was sent a confirmation e mail. I am trying to get a new dish set up and pointed, and my old Radio Shack analog meter quit working.I found a great meter which looks like it will save me a lot of time.

I am trying to get this project done as quickly as possible and chose expedited shipping. I wanted to check the order status, and like the original poster, went through the process of trying to set up a user account and password in order to do so. Sending an e mail to retrieve a "forgotten password" (although there was never an option to create one when originally ordering) and still no e mail reply after 48 hours. Yet another e mail to "sales" 24 hours later, has also resulted in No Reply. That sinking feeling that I am dealing with a terrible company was confirmed when I called the contact number and it rings off the hook, No voice mail or ability to leave a message.

I left a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Miami, they have to wait for 30 days to give the retailer a chance to "resolve the issue". I am not waiting for even another week, I have other projects to get done before Winter, as I live in the Northeast.

I have successfully completed many on line transactions, and a company that is legitimately concerned with customer support does not ignore communication. It's essential for building trust and return business.

If anyone knows where I might get a similar meter to this one, from a reliable retailer, I would appreciate it.

I have no reason to doubt the bad experience you had with SatPro. I liken it to my banking with B of A for almost 30 years in Calif. and they never dropped a dime of mine and yet there are likely hundreds of folks that develop a rash and have difficulty swallowing when they hear that bank's name! Anyway, I just wanted to say I just had a great experience with Satpro.tv. On Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:00PM CT I placed an order for their '18 RV KIT', an 18" DirecTV SD portable dish with tripod, mast, cables, compass, bubble level, ground stakes and a satellite strength meter. It was delivered on Tues. 1/7. I set it up per their instructions, pointed the dish with the aid of an app on my iPhone and less than 30 minutes later from when I began I was looking at terrific satellite TV, albeit in SD as expected, on the DirecTV D12-200 receiver in our travel trailer parked under a cover near the house. I anticipate being able to do it even faster next time. I plan to keep the LNB and the LNB arm bolted together onto the mast and remove only the dish from the mount and the mast from the tripod. I plan to use wing nuts in place of standard hex nuts to secure the dish to the mount, negating the need for tools except where needed. The tripod is sturdy and the entire assembly as a whole is secure once put together and anchored to the ground with the supplied stakes. Although not a lab test, it survived a week of almost non-stop 20-30 MPH winds, rain and temp drops in the single digits without a hitch. The ONLY problem I had was that the short jumper RG-6 cable from the dish to the male-male coupler (where you plug in the furnished satellite strength meter when aiming the dish) had a tiny, almost non-existent hex flange to grasp with your fingers and try to push into a weather-resistant female 'F' connector with rubber grommet on the LNB. I e-mailed Customer Service, Jose responded the same day and within 3 days I received a replacement 6 foot RG-6 jumper cable with larger hex threads like the commercial type (like DirecTV would install) and it worked great! These not-so-nimble 65 year old fingers had no problem with it. Anyway, just wanted to say that what I bought was a great value, was delivered quickly, works great and my only issue, which was a minor one, was resolved quickly. I have no problem recommending them and will gladly patronize them again should the need arise. I regret that your experience was not as positive as mine was.
That's the same review I've read from resellerratings.com and coincidentally only your review, Do you work for them or does nobody want to do business with them?
Plus they have a F ratings scale on BBB all for delivery issues.

Just an update, with no shipping confirmation or tracking, I did receive a package, but turned it around at the Post Office. I notified SATPro.TV of the return by e mail, and asked for a credit to the account, minus the original shipping charges. Predictably, there has been no reply. I decided to have a look at their "return policy" (if you can call it that)
SatPro.Tv Return and Exchange Policy:

*All sales final No Returns or Exchanges on any satellite receivers.

*All Sales Final No returns or Exchanges on closeout items.

*No refunds or returns on Special Order items.

Domestic Orders:

No returns or exchanges after 5 days from order date. Product must be 100% new and unused.

25% restocking fee on any returns or exchanges.

Shipping charges are not refundable on returned or exchanged items.

All returns and exchanges must have a RMA Number from SatPro.tv.

You must include a copy of a SatPro.tv receipt and have a RMA Number with any return or exchange.

The one that makes me laugh is "No returns or exchanges after 5 days from order date. Product must be 100% new and unused." It takes them more than 5 days to ship most products! So, for example, you get an LNB, it doesn't work, or a satellite receiver, or ANY item, you have a problem, and it's "too bad, five days have expired, or too bad, you USED the item, it is no longer brand new, NO RETURNS? Of course, with refusal to communicate by phone or e mail, getting an RMA is impossible.

Basically they want to sell you something, charge your card, and turn there back on you forever. I'm not sure these "policies" even meet minimum federal commerce guidelines for fairness!

Anyway, the BBB of Miami has been helpful.

Interesting to know this about SatPro. These folks were quirky two years ago when I purchased my equipment from them. But, at that time they did stand behind their equipment. I guess I was just lucky. It certainly sounds like things have changed considerably since I dealt with them. I too will be sure to look elsewhere in the future.

I thought I would share an update. Got the very first communication with the BBB from SatProTV, which, of course, is flat out lying. My response to the BBB below. Beware of these people!

First,before I address the specifics,recorded evidence on the BBB website itself proves this company has no accreditation with the Better Business Bureau, (Grade "F") prior complaints filed by other customers for similar issues, and a record of turning their backs on customers without any attempts at actually communicating with them.

Point By Point:

Sat Pro TV said:"This unit was returned with out a Return Authorization number."

Repeated attempts to e mail this business, and contact them by phone, have failed. Calling the business number, the phone rings off the hook with no customer service, answering, or ability to leave a message by voice mail. emails I have written also have remained, as of 10 /16, unanswered. If I can't be notified of their policies , I can't comply with them.

SatPro TV said: "Customer used the device to aim his satellite dish now wants to return it."

First, this is entirely untrue, I NEVER OPENED this package, the day it arrived, I turned it around at the Post Office and e mailed the company with a tracking number.

This can be verified by my postmaster.

I never received ANY response by e mail or phone. I have a copy of the e mail with a date and time stamp.

SatProTV said:"We have a 5 day return policy and units must be new and unused. This unit was used and returned with out a RA number after five days.

This is unbelievable.Would Wal Mart or ANY REPUTABLE RETAILER bind their customers to absurd (and possibly illegal ) return policies like this?

The facts:

1) The unit was ordered on (9/24/2014) I received NO Tracking number or Shipping confirmation.I needed the meter in a timely manner and chose expedited shipping.Repeated e mails and phone calls to find out my shipping status go unanswered. I had no option but to purchase another meter.I had to restore service to a family rental property. The package arrived on 9/30/2014. SIX DAYS have passed.Therefore according to their "return policy" I am outside of the allowed time to return it? How absurd is this?

2)"Items must be returned new and unused"?

Hypothetically, let's say a customer, after five days has passed, opens their package and finds broken components, or, say a product that doesn't work.This business is, in effect, saying, too bad, five days have passed, the item was "used" and we won't stand behind the product or customer satisfaction?

I did NOT open this package and I can provide a number to my local Post Office, I am sure my postmaster would be happy to verify my side of the story.

It is obvious that the "return policies" and complete lack of customer service in this business are designed to create an adversarial relationship.

The business always wins, they charge your card you order an item, then come what may you are on your own, they have your money and refuse to deal with you.

I am deeply insulted that I have to defend myself, as I consider this an assault on my honesty and integrity. This business needs to come clean and do the right thing. their reputation is sinking by the day.

On the other hand, I purchased a refurbished Birdog meter from Amazon, worked perfectly with some tweaks, and the dish is pointed and dithered. New cable, LNB and great signal quality. Wish I had purchased this first. Lesson learned.

Sam, did you dispute the charges with your credit card company?

Reactions: . Raine
Sam, did you dispute the charges with your credit card company?

That would probably be worth trying, disputing the CC charges, if SatPro don't credit you or answer their phones.

The BBB will talk a good talk but probably will not do you any good and won't bother satPro in the least. Unless they've changed drastically over the years since I ran a business, BBB is useless, don't wait on them to take action. They'll just post in their own bulletins and stuff how bad the company is and that's about it. Was a member of the BBB for years until I got burned for a few grand and they did squat to help me, resolved the problem on my own. Quit being a member and they had the audacity to ask for the plaques back hanging on my wall for the 10 years or so I was a member. Told them, yeah, no, unless you want to refund my member fees paid for nothing all those years. BBB is one of the most useless organizations around.

5 day return sounds fishy, when I ran my stores law was fifteen days if merchandise was in salable condition, I gave people 30 days. Was a long time ago though, things may have changed now, probably different state to state too.

Raoul and A Raine, Thanks for that suggestion, in fact I did that very thing tonight. Although I burned up an hour and a half getting cut off and put on hold, I think the dispute has been initialized. I will have to check back tomorrow as Capital One had a high volume of calls tonight. This has been a terrible experience. But at this point, I can't just send the merchandise back intact, never opened AND let them keep the money charged to the card. Had a similar experience with a bogus business selling wood stove parts, but the BBB resolved that. Why do businesses think they can cheat honest people in the age of social media and the Internet? Thanks for the support .

The return policy means nothing.

When I was running the Dishstore we generally gave people 30 days, and we even let that slide if the customer asked for an extension.

Only issue I had was that I needed the item to be like new, as I either had to RMA it with the manufacture or sell it off as a discount.

Reactions: Sam The Man57
Wow, first thanks for all the help and moral support. Dealing with Capital One for , literally, a solid week, was almost as bad as dealing with SatProTv. Almost. At any rate, the money was credited back to the account. If they have any further issues, they can fight with Capital One instead of me or the BBB. Honestly, worst business transaction ever in many, many I have done on the web.Again, many thanks to all who helped.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts