SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
the first game isn't until august 28. yet there are a plethura of people who say they will switch providers if a deal isn't reached by august 1. i was in the military too many years. i know the meaning of hurry up and wait. i'm not going anywhere.

that said i would hope bright house will be on board by the end of august. i also have cable beside dtv.

Hypothetically lets say directv doesn't get the channel because right now they still have not said anything. If you wait too long (esp in the sec's geographic footprint) chances are the dish installs will be overbooked and you won't be able to get it installed before the first game. That's why many have set aug 1 as their deadline. That first game should actually be pretty interesting and not your normal "first game of the season" against some overmatched small school.

I think 14 days out is the punt line, if you just feel your world is going to end not having that channel.

Plenty of people switched back when dish had the amc issues and no walking dead (I nearly did).... if anything sports is more important because its the only programming that you watch live for the most part. I'm a dish customer currently and I've had a bunch of people ask me what how I'm liking dish as they are thinking about switching because of the sec network and they know I'm currently with them. I am in texas and would bet its just as important in south carolina or any other sec state. Just based on the number of games that will be on there and the quality of those games I know it will be in my top 5 most watched channels.

the top sec games are still going to go to cbs or espn. there might be a few games on sec network that are worth watching but they won't be the top games.

Reactions: Jimbo
the top sec games are still going to go to cbs or espn. there might be a few games on sec network that are worth watching but they won't be the top games.
Most of the football games on there will be the ones that were usually on ppv in years past.

Last edited:
I think you are putting more stock in the overall importance of SEC Network. I live in Mobile Alabama and haven't heard anyone I know even worried about. I'd also bet you money people would switch over Walking Dead before they would SEC Network. Hell, Dish didnt have CBS here for like 45 days last fall and only one person I know with Dish switched (over stuff like NCIS not football). People also throw a lot of fball parties around, so you can always have one at a friend's house who has Dish. That is what folks I know did during the Dish CBS outage (SEC Games), my aunt and uncle came over several times. That is why if I did not have SEC network and they did, Id let them repay the favor this year :)

If you feel the need to go, go, but people have a habit of making a mountain out of a molehill when it seems important to them. SEC Network is not the biggest negotiation Ive seen IMO, because we already have all the ESPNs and CBS, which gets you flooded with SEC fball anyways.

I've switched providers several times, and it just isnt a simple process, plus you need to have a clear DVR or lose your recordings. This channel is not something that makes me even consider the effort.

But like I said, we all have priorities, and if SEC Network is yours, pull the trigger. Being irritated at Directv on Satguys isnt going to resolve your issue, neither is causing yourself grief. I used to let these channel things get to me, but it is not worth it.

My take now is, with Scott's opinion and other comments on the matter, it is coming. That might not be on your personal timetable though.

Reactions: Jimbo and scoop8
I think you are putting more stock in the overall importance of SEC Network. I live in Mobile Alabama and haven't heard anyone I know even worried about. I'd also bet you money people would switch over Walking Dead before they would SEC Network. Hell, Dish didnt have CBS here for like 45 days last fall and only one person I know with Dish switched (over stuff like NCIS not football). People also throw a lot of fball parties around, so you can always have one at a friend's house who has Dish. That is what folks I know did during the Dish CBS outage (SEC Games), my aunt and uncle came over several times. That is why if I did not have SEC network and they did, Id let them repay the favor this year :)

If you feel the need to go, go, but people have a habit of making a mountain out of a molehill when it seems important to them. SEC Network is not the biggest negotiation Ive seen IMO, because we already have all the ESPNs and CBS, which gets you flooded with SEC fball anyways.

I've switched providers several times, and it just isnt a simple process, plus you need to have a clear DVR or lose your recordings. This channel is not something that makes me even consider the effort.

But like I said, we all have priorities, and if SEC Network is yours, pull the trigger. Being irritated at Directv on Satguys isnt going to resolve your issue, neither is causing yourself grief. I used to let these channel things get to me, but it is not worth it.

My take now is, with Scott's opinion and other comments on the matter, it is coming. That might not be on your personal timetable though.

as i have mentioned, i also have cabe because our cable company has a lot of networks in hd (including sports) that dtv doesn't. i got it a few years ago when dtv was in a contract stalemate with then versus. being a puck head i didn't want to miss games. that year dtv gave me center ice for free and i stayed with them. six months later, the stalemate was resolved.

Somebody on one of the sec message boards said that they called DirecTV today and said they wanted to cancel because they didn't have the sec network he said a manager quickly jumped on the phone assured him it was a done deal and would be up and running by no later than mid august.

Somebody on one of the sec message boards said that they called DirecTV today and said they wanted to cancel because they didn't have the sec network he said a manager quickly jumped on the phone assured him it was a done deal and would be up and running by no later than mid august.

of course it is, i believe scott.

I know alot of people that are waiting to see, but I also know alot of people that have already swapped. Ive given 5 referrals in the past month, and id say close to 15-20 houses that had Directv dishes within the past month in my neighborhood now have a Dish (dish) up. Of those I am sure many are just making a change that may have nothing to do with the SEC. And then there are some that I know have football parties every weekend and are huge Ole Miss or Miss State fans. I am pretty sure why theirs changed.

Tons of chatter outside of my neighborhood into town as well as Dish has pushed the fact that as of Now (a month ago) they were the only option for it around here. Lots bit. Several more still will, and several more will again, wait it out.

Plenty of people switched back when dish had the amc issues and no walking dead (I nearly did).... if anything sports is more important because its the only programming that you watch live for the most part. I'm a dish customer currently and I've had a bunch of people ask me what how I'm liking dish as they are thinking about switching because of the sec network and they know I'm currently with them. I am in texas and would bet its just as important in south carolina or any other sec state. Just based on the number of games that will be on there and the quality of those games I know it will be in my top 5 most watched channels.
Really ?

The Quality of the games ?
Please ....

Your gonna find All teams will be on the channel at least 2 times a year.
The Top teams in the SEC will ONLY be on twice because of that commitment ....
Beleive me, your not gonna see the Bama / LSU game on the SEC network.

Thats something the majority of you SEC fans that are nervous about this channel not being there in time ... Your game if your a fan of the Top teams will never be On the channel outside of the commitment ...

Last edited:
Reactions: 66mustang
There are several games on the network that most SEC fans will want to see. Just in the first four weeks there are games like Auburn/Arkansas, Tennessee/Utah St and Florida/Kentucky. While those aren't the feature ESPN games they are very good games that most want to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ronnie-
There are several games on the network that most SEC fans will want to see. Just in the first four weeks there are games like Auburn/Arkansas, Tennessee/Utah St and Florida/Kentucky. While those aren't the feature ESPN games they are very good games that most want to see.

Seriously ?
If I am a fan of any of those you just mentioned, I'm cutting the grass by the end of the 1st quarter.

For me, even if it's only one game, and being that I'm a bama fan it won't be many anyway, I'd have the channel even if I had to swap.

With only a few games on a few weeks out of the year, I can't imagine some of you fans of other teams don't feel the same.

I guess fans are just different outside of the sec. Or maybe just different than us crazy bama fans.

I want to see them all, be it against blue bloods, or Florida Atlantic.

Reactions: JerryVolunteer

And the kickoff. A&m and south Carolina.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts