Sept 19th 6:00 AM HD D* PARTY!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Let me get this straight. You mean D* is promising "more HD channels" today but NO HD channels are up!?!??! This is outragous!

Figures. atleast im at work all day and couldnt enjoy cnbchd or whatever garbage channel not FX or Bravo they were gonna link up. Atleast my football comes in HD and locals. sucks i have to keep paying for nothing thou...they better payup with their promises sooooooooon!

Show of hands, who actually thought this would happen on time this morning?

All indicators were pointing to today so I believed it. There is still a chance for today but I just dont know anything any more. Just sick and tired of how this has gone down. While I understand Directv shouldnt tell folks of a date since anything can happen but I just dont know how they deliver things and communicate. The gaps are just crazy.

This should be considered a crime. For them not to have any additional HD channels this morning after all the hype and talk is ridiculus! With so many channels already broadcasting in HD, they are just a bunch of thieves taking your money month after month and giving you nothing in return.

This should be considered a crime. For them not to have any additional HD channels this morning after all the hype and talk is ridiculus! With so many channels already broadcasting in HD, they are just a bunch of thieves taking your money month after month and giving you nothing in return.

As an E* subscriber you should be used to stuff like this, paying for channels and Charlie decides to turn them off and no reduction in your monthly charge.

Please keep things civil. Dont turn it into a E* versus D* thread. If it does, I am shutting it down.

A lot of folks are disappointed in no new HD today so please try to refrain from rubbing it in. The same goes when the new channels show up.

I've heard from some VERY reliable sources pigs will be flying at 6:00AM CST Sept. 20 and hell will be freezing shortly there after....

Wanna have a party? :D

Yeah... those theives!

You signed the agreement to pay $9.99 a month for the HD you have. There is nothing in your or anyone's contract that says D* will give you anything more.

Some of you should really consider what you are posting this morning in your anger and disbelief.

Brewer's right. Although, I bet those laughing it up yesterday wish THEY had the jewelry channel now. At least it would be something.

Brewer's right. Although, I bet those laughing it up yesterday wish THEY had the jewelry channel now. At least it would be something.

Yep. I didnt care about 30 channels but rather, 1 channel to prove D10 is operational and can deliver HD. Its just tough to deal with the lack of a timeline, bad information, rumors, and now crap posts that are sure to get worse as the day goes on.

I hardly post on this forum, but I have been told also by Directv CSR's that the new channels would be up today over the last few weeks and I called again this morning.

I told them that I have been paying for HD programming for the last 2 years and I have been told many times that new HD channels would be added soon. I told them that I am starting to feel that Directv is conning people into signing up for their service and when they have the new subscribers they don't deliver. This would be false advertising, which could get them into big trouble.

I do however believe that the new channels will be coming as they did launch Directv10 and Directv 11 is on it's way, and if there was no expension planned, they wouldn't buy these expensive birds.

I told the rep to be prepared for a lot of angry phone calls today and that I thought people should somehow be compensated for a promise not kept. (When a CSR of Directv tells me there will be new HD channels on Sept 19, than that's a promise to me and a service I'm already paying for) Surprisingly The CSR did agree with this statement.

The CSR told me that since I brought up the subject of compensation, they did agree and gave me 2 free months of Showtime. HD channels on time would be better, but Showtime is better than nothing. So when you talk to them, bring up the issue of compensation, it seems that if you ask for it you get something.

Anyway, he still had been told that some HD channels would be live today .... but we all know we shouldn't count on that.

1 Directv rep said it was to launch today but there is a problem with the billing system not adding the channels correctly and had no ETA when it would be fixed. the 2 other reps I spoke with didn't have a clue

As an E* subscriber, I was hoping D* would not only have more HD stations broadcasting today, but that there would be stations that we at E* do not currently get. Why? Because those would be stations that E* would pick up sooner than they otherwise would.

And, hell, I feel for my brothers and sisters in the D* world who have been so patient for so long.

As an E* subscriber, I was hoping D* would not only have more HD stations broadcasting today, but that there would be stations that we at E* do not currently get. Why? Because those would be stations that E* would pick up sooner than they otherwise would.

And, hell, I feel for my brothers and sisters in the D* world who have been so patient for so long.

Thank you.

I couldn't agree more. The more HD D* or E* adds, that the better for all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts