sharing guide lists

oldanbo

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 22, 2005
Sequim, WA.
I came back to dish after 2yrs with the other. Anyway, I have a hopper w/sling and a super joey. I created a favorites in the guide list, but, I can't see it on the joey. Irritating to me. Is it not possible to share the favorites between the hopper and joey? Both are hardwired on my Ethernet home network.

So far, this is my only beef. I could go on and on about Genies/Direct but I may save that for later.
Any help/tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

lucky86

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 19, 2012
By the sea, in a land called Honalee
You could save the settings into the remote, take the remote to the Joey and pair it there, then transfer the settings to the Joey.
Favorites lists are specific to each receiver.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: navychop

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
You could save the settings into the remote, take the remote to the Joey and pair it there, then transfer the settings to the Joey.

Ohhh, I like the idea of moving the Hopper remote to the Joey and pairing it and then transferring! I never thought of that.... I knew that you had to, individually, set Favorites....

oldanbo

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 22, 2005
Sequim, WA.

Thanks Lucky! Now...if I can just find the instructions........

ChadT41

THE BEST THERE HAS EVER BEEN
Apr 20, 2014
Mesa, Az
While pair to hopper, press hold zero. Follow directions on screen. Once complete press system info on front of hopper. Select unpair. Take remote to Joey. Press system info on Joey, hit sat. Press and hold zero. Restore settings. Once complete with each receiver make sure the system info is not left up.

oldanbo

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 22, 2005
Sequim, WA.
While pair to hopper, press hold zero. Follow directions on screen. Once complete press system info on front of hopper. Select unpair. Take remote to Joey. Press system info on Joey, hit sat. Press and hold zero. Restore settings. Once complete with each receiver make sure the system info is not left up.
Thanks for that. Sorry to take so long to reply. I had an issue when I went to the Joey as I was offered an option to update system or remote. I think I erred by picking system, then I had to go through another bunch of stuff to get my remote paired back to the Hopper. But, it's done and it worked.
I thank you again,
Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)