simply baffled

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Really?.well I am learning. .what not to do. ..the hard way now that I Have all new stuff
Actually, having all the new stuff makes it easier in the long run , now everything you have from this point forward will run on the SWM set up.

I am using SWM at home, but Non SWM in the Motor Home. So I have a variety of things to look at if I have issues at all.

I used to use a 18" dish with just the 101 LNB for camping, but had such a tough time changing the receiver (H24) in and out of SWM that I eventually switched to a 20" dish with a SWM3 LNB. I don't necessarily need HD while camping, the trailer only has a 20" TV, but the receiver plays a lot nicer that way, even if I don't peak in great signals on the 99/103 satellite. Aiming for 101 is about the same as it is on the basic 18" dish.

My H24 is a full time receiver in my travel trailer. We camp in it enough to just leave it there...the wifey and I will stay right in the driveway sometimes in the winter....have a little alone time?.

I used to use a 18" dish with just the 101 LNB for camping, but had such a tough time changing the receiver (H24) in and out of SWM that I eventually switched to a 20" dish with a SWM3 LNB. I don't necessarily need HD while camping, the trailer only has a 20" TV, but the receiver plays a lot nicer that way, even if I don't peak in great signals on the 99/103 satellite. Aiming for 101 is about the same as it is on the basic 18" dish.

You could get a SWM8 or 16 switch and use your legacy Lnb. Then all your changing is the dish type

Where you would run feed into the swm8 cause doesn't have to have 13v on 101 and 18v on 101 plus a signal from 99 and 103?

Where you would run feed into the swm8 cause doesn't have to have 13v on 101 and 18v on 101 plus a signal from 99 and 103?
The SWM8 works fine with the 18in dish, just connect the 13v and 18v 101 cables, you don't need 99 and 103.

The SWM8 works fine with the 18in dish, just connect the 13v and 18v 101 cables, you don't need 99 and 103 for the SWM8 to work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts