SiriusXM Back on DirecTV Jan 20th 2013!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sonic tap sucked and sucks. So naturally Directv would want a decent music source with a Pandora App.

Pandora is good, XM knows Pandora is a threat.
So with XM in play it just wouldn't suprise me the agreement would be getting rid of the other music choices.
Besides I hear XM isn't coming back anyway. So we'll see.

It's not a Rumor Morning Mash Up again said XM was coming back to direcTV Jan 20th and that more news about it is coming in the next couple of weeks

If someone says it is to happen on a date certain, it would seem that a deal is already done.

The deal could be done but all companies such as DirecTV have policies that restrict employees from commenting until there is an official public announcement. Just like with new channel/new HD deals... Until the company publicly announces it, they must deny it and disavow all knowledge of any details.

Just to make it clear to everybody this was mentioned on The Morning Mash Up on Hits 1 by Nicole........Spyder Harrison also mentioned it on his Top 45 countdown. This wasn't something found online but said on an XM channel to it's listening audience.

This would be so awesome if it comes true! Trying to listen to Pandora on the C31 last night was a PITA! The receiver would constantly kick back to whatever channel it was tuned to previously and the Pandora app would constantly freeze up on me.

No...it's a little worse than awful.
They are both bad through you DirecTV receiver, even with a good quality sound system. XM sound much better through an XM device.

In any case, all music through a digital source is no where near as good as analog audio through an good quality analog source. Those classic rock albums sound so much better and clean vinyl through a good turntable and good sound system than through any compressed and decoded digital device.

As far as what is played, it is pretty much the same on both Sonic Tap and SiriusXM anyway. They both have small music libraries and play the same songs over and over. XM used to have a much larger music library until Sirius took over and changed the stations to the Sirius stations.

Does it really matter? How many people actually listen to music channels through their tv provider?

True this. If they offered up a few of their sports talk stations I would listen. I think those that love music have already found better alternatives by this point..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts