Sling adapter, Slingbox question

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
I have a Slingbox. Works great. I see Dish has a free "remote access", app for Apple and Android. Can you run the app on a Slingbox? Or only on a Sling adapter? The viewer for mobile devices. is around 30.00. But if the app works I would use that. Thanks.;)

It does.. I have mine setup that way. Once you have an account on dishnetwork.com you just select DISH Remote Access (which will prompt you to go to DRA or DISH Online, choose DRA). Click the "Preferences" tab, then click "receivers". There will be an option for "SlingBox/Receiver Settings". Click that, enter the "Finder ID" and which TV you want control of the receiver (TV1 may be your particular preference due to the Sling Box's IR blaster, I have not played with TV2 setting). Close the window and you should be all set!

Works lovely for me, BTW.

I got the $30 Sling app for my Android HTC EVO. Works great most of the time. It occasionally has trouble connecting, but once connected the picture looks good coming from my Dish 622 DVR.

The only problem I have is with the command setup. The commands are separated into three separate screens, and I can't remember which one has which commands, so I'm constantly having to switch from one to another to find what I'm looking for.

Larry
SF

It does.. I have mine setup that way. Once you have an account on dishnetwork.com you just select DISH Remote Access (which will prompt you to go to DRA or DISH Online, choose DRA). Click the "Preferences" tab, then click "receivers". There will be an option for "SlingBox/Receiver Settings". Click that, enter the "Finder ID" and which TV you want control of the receiver (TV1 may be your particular preference due to the Sling Box's IR blaster, I have not played with TV2 setting). Close the window and you should be all set!

Works lovely for me, BTW.

This is what I wanted can't seem to get to the area were I can select DRA. I have three 722k DVR's. Got the R info. DVR with the slingbox ends in 908 so I know I am on the right DVR. Issue may be that the remote access is being replaced by Dish on line not sure, is a Beta version. I will keep trying. Maybe Dish chat on line problem is seems I am better then the crs with most issues. Thanks for the solution. Is something little I missed I am sure. :)

Works

Got it. Didn't show up in Firefox but did on IE. Don't know why but all is good and works great and you saved me 30.00. thanks again.

We have a vip 722/Slingbox adapter. If we install the $30 sling mobile app on iphone 4 can we use the iphone to view our 722 on our RV TV?

I do not believe so, Tom. I will concede that I have not tried it myself though. Let me see what I can find out for certain on that. Hold off on spending the $30 until I do for sure for sure know that.

TonyT@DISH Network said:
I think the reasoning is that, currently, DRA doesn't support the HDMI out capability on the iPhone.

And sadly I don't think it ever will.

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)