Sling adapter, Slingbox question

is the Sling adapter, Slingbox question that gives you hd on tv2 on the 922 ? if not cant wait for that to come out ty for help and any replies :)

I do not believe so, Tom. I will concede that I have not tried it myself though. Let me see what I can find out for certain on that. Hold off on spending the $30 until I do for sure for sure know that.

Did you try it it. Works on the Ipad2. Picture does not fill the screen but it works.

Budda, I thought you didn't buy the $30 app? LOL The question is that if he purchases the $30 app, will it work with a Sling Adapter/VIP922 and leave the iPhone via HDMI to a TV in an RV. Your situation is a tad different. Try hooking the iPad2 up to the TV via HDMI and see if it will play it on the TV.

My thoughts is that the app only works on the standalone Slingbox, and will not work on the 'integrated' gear on DISH equipment with 100% functionality.

Oh, try using DISH Remote Access... And the cable? I am not so sure about it...but I will look into this really quick.

Maybe I am confused.. What app are you using right now?

Almost sounds like maybe cables are plugged in the wrong jacks? Do you get hissing in the audio at all? Do you happen to have a model number of the cables?

Using the Dish Remote Access app. Cables are correct, checked and double checked numerous times. The audio plays on the TV w/no video, and the video plays on the iphone w/no audio!?

Strange! How many connectors are at the end of the "composite" cable? Three? Not familiar with the cable... sorry. I tried to look it up but it looks like there may be a few (or not...:confused:) . This could be the same issue as with the HDMI out... I don't know for certain.

Yea three, Composite video and L-R audio. I'll look for the model number on the cable. Have checked and double checked, connections are correct.

Ya, the fact that audio is working and video is not just seems weird, and could be attributed to a support issue. I think I remember seeing the same thing regarding HDMI not too long ago (audio transferred but video did not). To be honest, I haven't tried it on my Droid X but I am half tempted to see if the same outcome happens. Guess I will be buying an HDMI cable and seeing if I can figure it out.

Ya, the fact that audio is working and video is not just seems weird, and could be attributed to a support issue. I think I remember seeing the same thing regarding HDMI not too long ago (audio transferred but video did not). To be honest, I haven't tried it on my Droid X but I am half tempted to see if the same outcome happens. Guess I will be buying an HDMI cable and seeing if I can figure it out.

Yea me too. Someone posed the same question on apple.com and was told to recieve the video would require Dish to upgrade their app.
Thanks for your time and help Tony

Budda, I thought you didn't buy the $30 app? LOL The question is that if he purchases the $30 app, will it work with a Sling Adapter/VIP922 and leave the iPhone via HDMI to a TV in an RV. Your situation is a tad different. Try hooking the iPad2 up to the TV via HDMI and see if it will play it on the TV.

My thoughts is that the app only works on the standalone Slingbox, and will not work on the 'integrated' gear on DISH equipment with 100% functionality.

FYI, no 30$. Remote access app free. Ipad2 Mini HDMI to standard HDMI. Video and sound. Only minis is leaves a small boarder on picture witch I can't get ride of but is clear/ Black border.
722 and sling adapter. Peace

Dish really needs to update this app to support video out. The only reason I increased my bill (to top 200) was to be eligible for the "free" sling adapter and hook it up in the family wagon. The Sling Mobile app allows it but I can't get it to work with the adapter.

Anyone know how to contact Dish about the mobile app feedback?

Dish really needs to update this app to support video out. The only reason I increased my bill (to top 200) was to be eligible for the "free" sling adapter and hook it up in the family wagon. The Sling Mobile app allows it but I can't get it to work with the adapter.

Anyone know how to contact Dish about the mobile app feedback?

I have countless times used the feedback on the online screen(never hear back or problems resolved) and as for the apps. its a joke no feedback and if you contact Sling they tell you to talk to dish network! Its a cycle that goes round and round nothing fixed, and nothing adressed!!!

Dish really needs to update this app to support video out. ...
My son tells me that his Comcast App has the same restriction. The Comcast FAQs apparently say this restriction is intentional as otherwise it would allow viewing at another loocation without need for an additional Comcast receiver. They indicate that there is no plan to remove this restriction.

My son tells me that his Comcast App has the same restriction. The Comcast FAQs apparently say this restriction is intentional as otherwise it would allow viewing at another loocation without need for an additional Comcast receiver. They indicate that there is no plan to remove this restriction.

The work around for android is a $5 app. named Full HDMI its on the market place.

I wish you could just play the audio and let the screen go blank like the Vulcano has....watching a game eats battery life when your out, listening to the game and seeing the reply works better for the longevity of your battery!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)