Smithsonian Channel

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Another good program is on the Smithsonian Channel tomorrow nite that I want to watch. Dish, if CBS owns this channel can you please get it for us while you are still in negotiations with them? This is a super good channel. I will have a friend in Florida record it for me and watch it on her Singbox attached to Verizon FiOS TV DVR, sad.

So one says he wants it and another says it is worthless. I guess what is worthless to some is pure gold to others. I'm sure, Deadlocked, that there are some channels that you couldn't do without and that I never watch. ;)

Reactions: ChadT41
After researching it and another channel (discovery fit and health) I would actually be interested in receiving them. I had never heard of them, and after being in the forums I have seen them so many times now, and they look like decent channels. Then again, I love watching the science shows, documentaries, and histories.

When Dish had Smithsonian, it was about 6 programs played over and over and over again, little new programming.
To be fair, it was more like six days worth of programming initially. When DISH bowed out, it was approaching 12 days of programming per year.

I watched it for quit a while when visiting a friend in Florida. I thought it was awesome. Just about all the non Network channels now days do lots of repeating programs. That can be a good thing sometimes,

Gotta say I thoroughly enjoy smithsonian channel. Just saw a documentary about the Concorde airplanes. Unbelievable!
Glad I have direct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Dish had Smithsonian, it was about 6 programs played over and over and over again, little new programming.

I have Smithsonian in my cable package and it doesn't have any more repeats than any other channel. I think it's pretty good myself. The Roku channel is nice and I watched it before I had it on cable.

Reactions: charlesrshell
let dish know to pick this channel up in hd it has been a while since we have we seen a hd channel added onto dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts