Smithsonian Channel

I just recently discovered that we finally had the Smithsonian Channel in HD and I was really enjoying their programming. I'm sure I'm seeing a lot of old reruns, but they are all new to me so until I start seeing repeats I'm happy - or at least I was. Now the HD channel is no longer HD. In fact it looks like garbage. For instance, the Smithsonian bug is just a nearly unreadable smear on the lower right side. And yes, the now fuzzy wide screen picture no longer fills the screen.

I'm using a VIP722 and watching with a projector on a 104" screen which really makes the degraded image look awful.

Does anyone have an idea why and if they intend to fix it?

Reactions: TNGTony
Yep Yous are right, why the Heck is it in SD?
Is there a way to tell what mode you are watching, 1080p, 720p, SD, etc? I am watching channel 367 right now and it looks great to me. I would say a good 720P version. I am watching it on a Samsung 1080p HD TV, HWS, and Western Arc.

Is there a way to tell what mode you are watching, 1080p, 720p, SD, etc? I am watching channel 367 right now and it looks great to me. I would say a good 720P version. I am watching it on a Samsung 1080p HD TV, HWS, and Western Arc.
e25742f718807683d15d5d1103f236c5.jpg