So p*ssed with DVR!!!!!!

Having your receiver sitting on glass is probably causing a lot more heat than you need, also any type of glass reflection around your DVR can make it malfunction, especially if you use the remote control, and the best investment anyone can make is a UPS battery back up.

I have a Mitsubishi 57" HD TV, and when we get power surges my TV stays on, I can run my TV up 10 minutes after the power goes off, this gives me time to turn it off properly.

I've got mine sitting on a glass shelf with no problems ever. IU've had DVRs since they came out and let me tell you, once this problem is fixed, you won't be able to live without it!

Stop by Menards or Home Depot or Ace and pick up a cheap ($10) plug in outlet tester. It has a series of lights on it that light up depending on what is wrong with your outlet. A common problem, when your talking old wiring, is the hot and netural reversed. A simple problem to fix. Will also check for a ground, etc. You don't even have to take the cover plate off. If it shows a problem with the outlet, let us know what is shows and we will try to help. If the outlet/wiring is ok, call tech support and request someone comes out. If you are a new install, it should be covered. If not, sign up foe the Home Protection Plan, pay the $35?? and let them fix it. They won't fix your house wiring though!

Hope this helps, and good luck. Let us know.

Heat usually shows up as audio and video stuttering. Reboots are usually from a signal problem, and, sometimes power problems or corrupt software.

Before install new DVR, just piss on top of it - just for your relief and shows who is the daddy here :D
And that answers the question we all have been wondering for some time, why no vent holes on TOP of dishDVRs. Sure, heat would escape better, but pee can get in.

I did my steps to research a problem of overheating 622/722 and posted how to fix it last days.
As those ppl who wouldn't follow, only one solution exist - pissing off. :D

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This thing has not worked correctly since we got it almost three weeks ago!

My first box failed after one day! Second box did the same thing but I decided to try and work with it. Now it has gotten ridiculous!

Yesterday I had to unplug it and replug it twice in two hours and it froze two more times during that same two hour period.

For the rest of the day it would freeze or shut off and reset and Saturday it erased everything i had recorded the week before!

Yesterday watching the ALDS was painful with all of the freezing and shutting off. This is NOT what I paid for. I called Dish because I couldn't take it anymore and I got the American guy and he is sending me a 3rd receiver.

Unbelievable!

I'm tempted to cancel this thing all together since there is no point to having it since it has not been stable. I mean really what's the point?

I'm so frustrated because i got it so my wife wouldn't miss her shows she likes since she is going to school at night.

This is totally defeating the purpose.

Thanks for nothing DISH, your DVR s*cks!

Sincerely,

One very unsatisfied customer.

I have a 722 DVR for almost 1 year with no problems. What DVRs have you had trouble with? I think 3 tells me something else is causing your problems.

....Thank you for that information. I understand you are saying that the receiver is not working properly. Is that correct?

I see. Thank you for that information. Please allow me a few moments to further investigate your problem.

*silence*

Please allow me just a few more moments to investigate this problem for you.

*silence*

I am almost done investigating this problem for you. Will you please hold for just a few more moments so that I can get more information for you? Thank you for that.

*silence*

Ok, please do this for me. Press and hold the Power button on the front of your receiver for 10 seconds.

*click*

it's being mailed to me.

and I don't know how to do any of that stuff. I'm not an EST

This is frurstrating. That's from one consumer to another.
As a technician and a 10 year sub of Dish, now is the time to call Dish and get a tech over there to diagnose the issues.
There is no sense in you bangning your head against a wall.
Most of us techs are professinals and you should trust us to clear up the problems you are facig. It does none of us(you the consumer or we the techs) for you to be frustrated and pissed off enough to come on here and bomb the company. Please call Dish and request a tech. Give the company an opportunity to help you.

....Thank you for that information. I understand you are saying that the receiver is not working properly. Is that correct?

I see. Thank you for that information. Please allow me a few moments to further investigate your problem.

*silence*

Please allow me just a few more moments to investigate this problem for you.

*silence*

I am almost done investigating this problem for you. Will you please hold for just a few more moments so that I can get more information for you? Thank you for that.

*silence*

Ok, please do this for me. Press and hold the Power button on the front of your receiver for 10 seconds.

*click*
Are you an Indian CSR? Or do you have a copy of the script? LOL!!!!

With three receivers in a row failing from the same problems, you either have a power problem or a signal problem.

8bitbytes,

Another possible cause is overheating. I had a friend that placed a receiver on the floor and the carpeting covered the venting slots. This resulted in 4 failed receivers.

After Electrical fluctuations heat is the next biggest cause of Electronic failure.

John

8bitbytes,

Another possible cause is overheating. I had a friend that placed a receiver on the floor and the carpeting covered the venting slots. This resulted in 4 failed receivers.

After Electrical fluctuations heat is the next biggest cause of Electronic failure.

John

Well yeah! They are lucky they didn't have a fire! My comments are based on a properly placed receiver.

Heat is definitely a killer - and the Dish design is to place the hard drive right over the top of the hottest chip in the dvr which does not even have a heat sink on it!

I see people putting their laptops on pillows, sofa cushions, and cloth or padded surfaces all the time and I have to wonder when the next laptop fire will be on the news.

Before install new DVR, just piss on top of it - just for your relief and shows who is the daddy here :D

:eek:

You forgot to tell me to make sure the power cord was unplugged!!!!!! Good thing I already had all my kids! :rolleyes:

Guess it showed me who was the daddy! :eek:

I got three bad 501's in a row and demanded a new receiver and when I got it I sold it. Using the same outlet, same dish, same switches, I connected a 522 up to it and never had a problem since.

Hard Drive w/ 722

Remanufactured=Refurbished?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)