So whos NOT getting a Hopper due to lack of OTA?

OK, thanks. I have started to learn more about Direct TVs HR34 Muli-room DVR. It probably is the same way.

One other thing to keep in mind- From a Joey, you have full DVR functionality. You can pause, skip back and watch a scene again, etc. With the DirecTV system, as I understand it, you can watch a program on a HR34 from another TV with a standard STB, but unless it's a DVR at that TV, you won't be able to have full DVR functionality. Not a show killer, but a consideration.

One other thing to keep in mind- From a Joey, you have full DVR functionality. You can pause, skip back and watch a scene again, etc. With the DirecTV system, as I understand it, you can watch a program on a HR34 from another TV with a standard STB, but unless it's a DVR at that TV, you won't be able to have full DVR functionality. Not a show killer, but a consideration.

That's for sure. Thanks navychop.

NOT CONFIRMED- Other Web site has someone with the DIRT in there title saying it was released today, yet it says not avl on web site. Maybe it updates tonight?

What does Thanksgiving have to do with anything ?.

Because a lot of the Dish staff that will turn this thing on (web, sales, support, firmware) will be on vacation after that.
I predict they want it out before Black Friday when they have there Dish Store sale. This is a prediction not fact.

The CSR I talked to said she got her training Friday. "Oh yea, just got training on friday on that, let me check the store, sorry not available yet"
I asked if they were taking pre orders or had a waiting list and she said no just keep checking the web site.

Last edited:
RaymaondG from the DIRT team has posted on the other site that the OTA tuner was released today. Still shows out of stock right now.

RaymaondG from the DIRT team has posted on the other site that the OTA tuner was released today. Still shows out of stock right now.

WOW!

I hope it's true. And we quickly get reports from the field. And that seems to indicate a pending s/w update.

If true,
I bet they need time for the Email from the product team saying "GO" to make it to and be read and acted on by the Web Sales team. Then there is the Firmware Software team . . .
AND
for the email to the Press and NDA testers saying the news blackout is over - you may publish.

Lots to do, Maybe Tuesday we can buy it? Just wishing . . .

I just checked Raymons postings, Been there for over a year and he seems to be giving good info in the other posts. Looks like he is a DIRT rep

Last edited:
Just got a note from DISH saying the software will start rolling out tonight.

We will have a lot more details to share after it starts rolling out. Stay tuned to SatelliteGuys, we are you Hopper experts. :D

So we all need to turn our hoppers off tonight in case it gets the update. Are they randomly picked for updates or is it by serial number or something?

I don't know how they pick who gets it... but I do know that not all receivers will get it tonight. I also know that there is no way to force your receiver to download the software.

The rule here is good things come to those who wait. :D

I don't know how they pick who gets it... but I do know that not all receivers will get it tonight. I also know that there is no way to force your receiver to download the software.

The rule here is good things come to those who wait. :D
Yeah yeah yeah, patience. How long will that take?

I have the ota tuner and have been testing it since early October and I found that even though I lack the manual timers, it works quite well . I still want manual timers, but I don't think anyone should wait on getting the tuner over that. Manual timers are coming and hopefully soon.

I have the ota tuner and have been testing it since early October and I found that even though I lack the manual timers, it works quite well . I still want manual timers, but I don't think anyone should wait on getting the tuner over that. Manual timers are coming and hopefully soon.

Is it a one or two OTA tuner? What are manual timers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts