So whos NOT getting a Hopper due to lack of OTA?

ScottChez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 2, 2003
That is why I am waiting also. With Directv I get the CW and TWO PBS stations in HD

On dish it is only SD. I need the OTA tuner to get them in HD

Also need it for other sub channels not on dish

I must say I have not heard to anyone getting the hopper yet to be missing these HD channels yet. Wonder if they just don't watch the CW or PBS. Or there sub channels like METV or local weather. Guess I was wrong

AKGolf

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Edmond, OK
That is why I am waiting also. With Directv I get the CW and TWO PBS stations in HD

On dish it is only SD. I need the OTA tuner to get them in HD

Also need it for other sub channels not on dish

I must say I have not heard to anyone getting the hopper yet to be missing these HD channels yet. Wonder if they just don't watch the CW or PBS. Or there sub channels like METV or local weather. Guess I was wrong
I was going to wait, but may get it anyway.

We don't get the CW in HD in Anchorage, but any CW shows I want to watch in HD I download and watch on my PS3.

ScottChez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 2, 2003
Everyone still quietly waiting for the Over the Air tuner? Or did some change there minds and upgrade anyway.

During Saturdays MASS tornado outbreak I sure did use my OTA tuner a lot. Lost the SAT several times. It was nice to just change channels in the guide to the over the air local.
Also was nice to watch Star Trek on METV (a digital Sub channel over the air not on the SAT).

Just bringing this up again on the thread list so Dish Corp does not forget about us all waiting. I am worried if they dont see postings for OTA they will bump the priority way down and work on other things.

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
I upgraded anyway. I hooked my OTA antenna directly to my TV and can watch live programming that way, although I am not able to time shift any of it. When the device comes out I'll be purchasing it just so that I can time shift those channels. Almost all of my local channel is on the big 4 networks anyway so it's not a biggie for me.

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
I too am quietly waiting, though I'm also seriously PO'd that I can't keep a VIP receiver on my account...

btyko

Pub Member / Supporter
May 10, 2004
Florida
I was originally going to wait for OTA before upgrading, but I called the first day available, and had installation the following Sunday. So far I am happy.

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
No need to wait. Don't want to mount an external antenna, and all my locals are on satellite. Not worried about the three tuner limit. Small family. Very happy with the Hopper, but keeping basic cable for now as a severe weather mitigation.

Voyager6

*Cancelled*
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 30, 2005
Wokeville
I too am quietly waiting, though I'm also seriously PO'd that I can't keep a VIP receiver on my account...
I am also not happy about the no VIP with Hopper decision. I will wait for the most serious issues to be resolved before I even consider the H/J system. The thought of having to give up my owned VIP's though...

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I can wait. OTA, seamless Hopper integration, and getting a 2H/0J config without a note cosigned by the twelve apostles. Of course, manual timers from the STB would be nice, too.

No rush. Every month it just gets better and better.

denisincalif

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 1, 2007
Arcadia, CA
Waiting impatiently. I will only need a 1H/1J system, so Hopper integration is not a biggie for me, although I certainly understand why it is critical for anyone with more than one Hopper. No OTA is a killer.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
Definitely waiting on Ota and 2 hopper integration before I would even consider upgrading. So far I think I made the right decision in keeping my owned 722k and two 211ks with dvr software. I can record ota and satellite on every receiver and can do manual timers as well as DISH pass timers ,without using remote access online. I will love to upgrade if they can work all this out ,especially PTAT , but so far I am enjoying problem free sat service while I wait.

hankster211

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 9, 2011
knoxville TN
I'll have to wait until the Hopper has OTA or Dish decides to give Knoxville our local PBS in HD. For now I'll keep my 612 with OTA and enjoy PBS in recorded HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)