Software S438 broke name based recording timers for Ota.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
Looks like the latest software for first gen hoppers S438 has broken the name based recording on ota . You can create a regular timer but it doesn't show in the schedule or on the guide. The only way I could get a timer to work was to hit manual recording on the shows I wanted. So once again new software has FRACKED OTA recording again. Don't they test this stuff before they unleash it on the hoppers?:mad:

Hopper is starting to feel like the 922...

I agree. The more that they try to add new features like Multi swap and the never ending applications that no one really uses anyway, the more they break the more routine functions of the receivers. I bought my receivers to be able to watch both satellite and ota using name based recording. IF it could fulfill this function without screwing up the video/audio functions and stop screwing with the ota recording functions , I would be happy. They need to fix these functions First and maintain them and then move on to adding new features.

Recordings are starting to "disappear" on my Hoppers. They don't show up in My Recordings but they show up in a search.

It just gets better and better...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Another thing I discovered is that you can not change your folders by name or change them in anyway. NO longer accessible to even find it. So now we have no name based recording , no way to change folders or create a new one , oh but we have multi swap feature now . That makes it All right I guess.......:rolleyes: