Sony bounces up to 100k consoles/week

If they can sustain it, great. If they can't then it's just more bleeding. They still need games consumers are willing to buy, because in October they didn't have a single title in the top 10.

For GH3, the most popular game for the month on any system (http://www.satelliteguys.us/video-g...eaper-soon-so-wont-buy-one-yet-edition.html):

PS2: 502k
360: 383k
Wii: 286k
PS3: 105k (out of top 10)

The system is just not selling to a J6P type audience. Only positive to the October NPD numbers is Ratched and Clank's 100k over a 1 week period... but that's just release week, it'll probably do just 150-200k (my guess) for November.

For GH3, the most popular game for the month on any system:
360: 383k
PS3: 105k

Aren't those numbers about right, considering the number of systems out there? Not saying it's a good number, but if they're selling roughly the same amount of games (proportionally) as the 360, the only way to get total sales up is to get more consoles sold, which is what they're trying to do with the price cut.

We'll see if it works or not...

I didn't have $400 when I was 15...

Same here, lol I had my parents buying me a PS2 for around 300$ but that was years ago...and I had to do a lot of begging, If I remmember correctly I was around 12... I am now 19.

Last edited:
Same here, lol I had my parents buying me a PS2 for around 300$ but that was years ago...and I had to do a lot of begging, If I remmember correctly I was around 12... I am now 19.
OMG you are a youngster. That would explain quite a lot. Pong came out when I was growing up.

I've seen it alot but most hd dvd backers don't like to count the ps3 as a bluray player lol. One has to remember the average age of gamers now days is around 24- 35 yrs of age. So definitly the age that would love to watch a movie in their home theater setup aswell as game. Not to mention someones kid wants a new console so the parent says well we'll get a ps3, you got your games and I've got my HD movies is full bluray glory, definitly win, win in this situation for both involved. So Hd dvd guys do not count out the ps3 and most that has gotten one by now know quality and want quality to they'll tend to actually buy movies for it. Oh yea and the 12 yr old that has $400 has that parent that wants a bluray player :)

I own two PS3's and only one PS3 game that I got out of the bargin bin. Other then that I use it for a BD player 99.5% of the time.

I own two PS3's and only one PS3 game that I got out of the bargin bin. Other then that I use it for a BD player 99.5% of the time.

And thats why the PS3 was delayed for a Year. so Sony could put a Crutch under their video format. (to many failures in the past , Betamax, UMD, etc)

I conned my parents into a $300 Sega CD.... !

I conned mine into a $250 Atari 2600. ;) AND add to that $40 - $50 game cartridges.

PS My kid has had a PS2 since he was 5, and five years later, he is still happy using it. No PS3 or XBOX or Wii. Too many games bought on PS2. Oh, he has asked from time to time, but there has been no demand in our house for a PS3 from him. NOW, HD DVD, on the other hand... he is very happy having that in the house :)

Oh, but back on topic... if we had a PS3, I am sure we would use it for BD. Heck, then we'd have both formats, and there would be no issues. :)

I bought a PS3 the week the 40GB came out to use as a BD player +. Now at 40 I'm rediscovering the joys of game playing (I had an Atari as a teen) and am starting out with the older (lamer) bargain basement titles to practice using a controller that has 14 buttons and 2 joysticks!

I conned mine into a $250 Atari 2600. ;) AND add to that $40 - $50 game cartridges.

PS My kid has had a PS2 since he was 5, and five years later, he is still happy using it. No PS3 or XBOX or Wii. Too many games bought on PS2. Oh, he has asked from time to time, but there has been no demand in our house for a PS3 from him. NOW, HD DVD, on the other hand... he is very happy having that in the house :)

Oh, but back on topic... if we had a PS3, I am sure we would use it for BD. Heck, then we'd have both formats, and there would be no issues. :)

Are you really telling me that your 10 year old cares that his movies are in HD?

Are you really telling me that your 10 year old cares that his movies are in HD?

My 9 year old girl does. My 11 year old boy does, my 5 year old boy just likes to watch Movies on the bigger TV :p.

Their grandmothers bought them each 20" HD-TV's for their rooms (the 9 year old and 11 year old) for Christmas because they made such a stink over it.

HD DVD Player Sales Top 750,000

How many HD DVD players does Toshiba need to sell to just break even?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)