Subscribing to DirecTV in Canada

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Chip, thanks for the welcome.

Sodly, good to know about the credit card. What do you mean "hardest part is the USA SS #"

United States of America Secret Service. They do a background check on all new telecom accounts as part of the government's spying program. If you have any minor infractions, you might get denied service.

Cheers, K

Thanks. I was driving last night when I realized SS meant Social Security Number.

Thanks to some folks who sent me Private Messages. I'm going to be making some calls.

If You are talking about Big Blue Satellite in Southern Alberta, He has gone in hiding. I paid Him for a Dishnet system and He never delivered. He even stiffed His Employee!

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have a pretty unique question.. I have a long standing account with DTV north of the border and I am relocating temporarily to the following location. It is very North in Canada, 69.36°N 81.83°W to be exact and I want to take my h25 receiver with me. According to [/FONT]http://www.satbeams.com/footprints?beam=5788 I am within the footprint for Sat 101 Conus for Directv 9S and 4S but outside the 99 and 103 footprint. My elevation would be 11 degrees for 101 using a 1.2 meter round dish. What type of LNB would I need or can I only use a SWM lnb with my H25 ?

It has to be a swm setup, not necessarily a swm lnb.

not sure i follow what u mean, do u mean the dish type in the initial settings can be swm but i can use a different non swm lnb?

You can either use a swm lnb or a standard sl3/5 and a swm8/16 multiswitch.

Theoretically maybe, but that far north you would need the Slimline.

hmmm... wouldn't it make more sense to need a bigger round dish to receive 101 at that elevation? I would think the slimline would be a bit small

I didnt check your cords, but since you said the 99/103 fall out of the footprint, your ivr is going to fail when setting the receiver up. Im gonna back Chip on this one. Sorry bro.

I didn't see anyone mention but I am pretty sure that in Canada it is illegal to use sat service from the U.S. Just informing you. I don't care if you do it I just wanted to tell you it is the law.

Quick question, anyone ever bring a receiver over the boarder back to Canada? I bought a hr44 and its waiting for me at UPS store in buffalo. I'm worried about if I get pulled over at the border what reason can I give for bringing a directv receiver into Canada?

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)