Superstations with Directv??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thats funny that you brought up the fact they were distributed via microwave landline. I live in central Il and like you we also used to get KPLR on our cable. For many years I coudlnt never understand how in the hell the cable tv company was able to get KPLR because like you said it wasn't distributed via satellite and yet we're too far to be able to receive the STL channels with even the best OTA antenna. Took me years to finally learn it was distributed via the microwave landlines. Thats why today I had to use the "move" technique with DTV in order to get back the STL channels. I was very mad back in the day that our cable took off KPLR to replace it with TBS back then. Cable back then could only carry two superstations and next to KPLR they had WGN so KPLR lost out to TBS in this case. I just re read your lines and didnt realize till now it sounds like we BOTH MUST HAVE HAD THE SAME CATV COMPANY!!! LOL

Last edited:
What city DO you live in??? In Spfld back then, the cable co jumped from 1st IL CATV, to Times Mirror, then Dimension, then Cox... (then TCI, then AT&T, then Insight & now Comcast...)

Status
Please reply by conversation.