Technisat skystar 2 help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

elremx

Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
New Mexico
I have a technisat pci card that I have been playing with for a couple weeks. I'm new at this. I have gotten it to search a satellite and it found some channels. Not sure how I did it. - I can't seem to find out how to get the channels to work in dbviewer.

Is the any one that might have a step by step instruction on how to get this working.

I'm not to sure what I am entering in each box and what some of it is for.

Fortec 90cm dish with motor. infocom quad. fortec star dynamic. AMD dual core with technisat skystar tv pvi card

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.
Not very clear on your questions...
1) How did you search for channels? did you use DVBViewer Channel Scan function?
2)Is the scanned channel appearing in DVBViewer Channel list?
3)If you need info on Channel Scan window to fill up LO, Frequency details, you will have to mention which satellite you are trying to scan. Invocom Quad has LO Freq of 10750, hence you will have to enter 10750, 10750,0 in 3 cells I think.

Thanks for the reply.

I have it working now. Downloaded dvbview pro and it got me going. Have searched a few different satellites so far. I am controlling the dish with the fortec star dynamic.

I dont quite understand this. I thought that I would be able to pick up a few more channels with this card since it is supposed to pick up hd. and maybe the ones that didnt have sound. It less channels than my fortec reciever. I was trying to get the pbs channels since they went hi def and the other channels that my wife likes seems to have gone away(bankrupt) and univision disappeared (Think it went to c-band)

We dont have much to watch anymore.

I was also watching a channel with old movies on it for a couple days. Don't know what or where it was. I disappeared to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)