Tell me it "aint" so.

Parisnights

Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Phillytown
I've just finished reading an OLD thread which nonetheless has raised my
blood pressure. Hopefully these NAZI tactics have been dropped by now.
I probably read more than most before I signed that 2yr joke called a contract
last week. I never came across anything regarding this audit business nor
phone/computer connections being mandatory for DN.
Contracts that give companies the right to make arbitrary
changes in mid stream while giving the consumer practically no rights
are a hard pill to swallow.
When these OTHER connections came up during my conversation with the agent
I told the agent I wanted NOTHING connected to either my computer OR phone line.
The response was "OK".
During installation I told the installer the same exact thing. Again the response, "OK".
At no time was the word AUDIT mentioned nor was I told of any possible
consequences of taking this position. If what I have been reading
here for the past 2 hours is true then these jokers need to tell people
from the git-go they don't have an option regarding connections to their phone line or they have a real ethical problem.
Maybe things have changed OR maybe since I have only ONE little ole 222K it's not a big deal. If I do get hassled I can guarantee the agent will get a visit from one very angry guy!

The audit team looks at everyone except those who have all their receivers connected in one fashion or the other, or those with a single receiver. Dish looks down at those who have receivers at more than one location at the same time and is a violation of the terms of service for Dish Network.

You are way to concerned.
It rarely happens in the scheme of things.
The chances of you being audited, especially with only one rcvr, is slim to none.
They are more interested in people with 6 single tuners active at the address of a single bedroom apartment.

Do U have several DVR's?

I've just finished reading an OLD thread which nonetheless has raised my
blood pressure. Hopefully these NAZI tactics have been dropped by now.
I probably read more than most before I signed that 2yr joke called a contract
last week. I never came across anything regarding this audit business nor
phone/computer connections being mandatory for DN.
Contracts that give companies the right to make arbitrary
changes in mid stream while giving the consumer practically no rights
are a hard pill to swallow.
When these OTHER connections came up during my conversation with the agent
I told the agent I wanted NOTHING connected to either my computer OR phone line.
The response was "OK".
During installation I told the installer the same exact thing. Again the response, "OK".
At no time was the word AUDIT mentioned nor was I told of any possible
consequences of taking this position. If what I have been reading
here for the past 2 hours is true then these jokers need to tell people
from the git-go they don't have an option regarding connections to their phone line or they have a real ethical problem.
Maybe things have changed OR maybe since I have only ONE little ole 222K it's not a big deal. If I do get hassled I can guarantee the agent will get a visit from one very angry guy!

So did you get a bunch of HD DVR's from E*? Audit team rarely audits anyone that only has 1 or 2. You don't have to have the units hooked up anymore but it is nice to be able to get the DishOnLine videos that can be downloaded from the net connection. Oh sounds like someone is being just a little paranoid here. Welcome newb. BTW the correct name for the audit team is DISH NAZI'S.

Back when I had two dishplayer 7200's I got audited. That was many years ago. It was a simple matter of going to system info on both boxes and reading some numbers off the screen.

I only have one active receiver now, no chance of an audit.

I have no interest whatsoever in ripping off DN, DVR's, or HD, just give me a P5 picture on 2 TV's and I'm happy as a pig in you know what.
Unfortunately most americans need to be more paranoid.

I have no interest whatsoever in ripping off DN, DVR's, or HD, just give me a P5 picture on 2 TV's and I'm happy as a pig in you know what.
Unfortunately most americans need to be more paranoid.

Well you definitely sound paranoid. :rolleyes:So what if you got audited? They'd call you up and say please go to this screen on your television and tell me what it says.

Did you know that those little round circles on the front on the receiver that you think are remote control sensors are actually video cameras recording everything you do?:eek: They want it connected to the phone or internet so they can upload that video and see what you're really doing:eek:

funny

Well you definitely sound paranoid. :rolleyes:So what if you got audited? They'd call you up and say please go to this screen on your television and tell me what it says.

Did you know that those little round circles on the front on the receiver that you think are remote control sensors are actually video cameras recording everything you do?:eek: They want it connected to the phone or internet so they can upload that video and see what you're really doing:eek:

LMAO :haha:haha:haha

While the OP does seem a bit too upset about this, maybe even paranoid, he does make a good point. Dish should be up front and let folks know they could be audited and, at least in general terms, what an audit involves. If keeping your receivers hooked up to the internet/phone line will prevent an audit then it would seem to be good business practice to tell folks that. Not only will most folks do it but I would think it would reduce the expense of conducting audits since fewer would ultimately be needed...

Just a thought

Ross

All concerned were well aware of my feelings regarding attachment to my phone and computer lines yet NEVER said a word about how this could lead to problems had I wished to expand in the future. I have to wonder how truthful they would have been if I had bought into a Cadillac system!

While the OP does seem a bit too upset about this, maybe even paranoid, he does make a good point. Dish should be up front and let folks know they could be audited and, at least in general terms, what an audit involves. If keeping your receivers hooked up to the internet/phone line will prevent an audit then it would seem to be good business practice to tell folks that. Not only will most folks do it but I would think it would reduce the expense of conducting audits since fewer would ultimately be needed...

Just a thought

Ross

I agree. Very well said! OTOH, I think it would be worthwhile for the OP to take a deep breath, relax, and see how he likes the service. It will probably turn out that he will never have an audit.

I am fairly new to Dish, having signed up for DHA 24 about three months ago. So far, I like the service fairly well. I will see how it goes over the next twenty months or so. I was previously with DTV for about nine years and I can always go back.

I think the thing to consider is that these 24 month contracts are just that, they are not lifetime commitments. We will have tv service for the next 24 months and depending on how we are treated and how we like the service, we can either stay with Dish or switch to another provider. The contract time will pass before you know it.

Regards,

Ed

Yeah, maybe your right.

If you aren't going to read a contract that you are signing then it's no ones fault but yours.

Anyone stupid enough not to read a 400kb contract, but chooses instead to
believe and trust what those unethical Dish agents tell them, OR, not tell them, must be a fool. I bet you read and understood the entire 400kb lock, stock and barrel and then signed your rights away anyway:eek:)

BTW, I wonder how many of you who will not concede to the obvious
happen to work in the field.

Repoint to 129 = big problems

Charlie Chat Caps & Bytes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)