TERRIBLE Dish Chat

I can understand them having to check your credit if you are AGREEING to become a customer. They shouldn't however have to run a credit check to give you a PRICE. It would be like going to a car dealer and them having to run your credit before you can agree on a price. I do not have bad credit, it is not an issue for me, my FICO score is about 780. I don't care if they check it if I am agreeing to become a customer, but they shouldn't have to run it to give you a price. Do you people not know that running credit checks just to run them makes your score go down?

Wrong. In order to give you a price, they have to know what plan you qualify for. In order to know what plan you qualify for...well...do you get it? Yes, the cost for service and equipment does vary based on what plan you are in.

That is why they have to qualify you first. If you want generic answers, go to the website and look. If you need specific answers, you have to...wait for it...get qualified for a plan first. That is just the way it works. No work-around.

Disclaimer: As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own and do not represent my employer in any way.

If you are a new or former customer that left your account in good standing and have a credit or debit card with decent credit then you shouldn't have to worry about qualifying. Generally the people who do no qualify already know ahead of time because they know their credit is crap.

You should have no issues with getting two Hoppers but be aware that you will have to pay an upfront fee to get the second Hopper. The price for the second Hopper with Sling is $99 and $49 for a regular Hopper. You can get up to 3 Joeys installed for free.

Your monthly bill will be determined by what programming you go with and how much equipment you have. There is a $12 monthly fee for each Hopper and the Joeys are $7 each per month. If you want a Super Joey you can only do it with one Hopper and the monthly fee for that is $10.

I think I will just be better off staying with DirecTv. Thanks for the suggestions and replies.

I am sorry for the service that you have received with us recently, trying to get information. We would love to have you back as a customer and we are happy to answer any questions you have here, if you change your mind.
I will also make sure that the agents that you chatted with will receive feedback. We have close ties with the chat org and will ensure an agent gets feedback if we get further details. Please send me a PM with details of your conversations tonight! Thank you!

Sorry, but I have to say that once again it sounds like corporate is going to throw their employees under the bus when it may be unwarranted.
And, that's how your company repeatedly gets voted as the worst company in America to work for, deservedly or not.

Sorry, but I have to say that once again it sounds like corporate is going to throw their employees under the bus when it may be unwarranted.
And, that's how your company repeatedly gets voted as the worst company in America to work for, deservedly or not.

If they have bad CSRs they want to weed them out or retrain them. I would imagine once they get the details they will look up the transcript for verification before considering feedback or whatever else to the CSR. I don't see anything wrong with that. I own several businesses. When a customer provides feedback about an employee that may be troublesome, I have no choice but to investigate. If a customer provides good feedback about an employee, I make sure to pass that on as well. There have been times when the behavior was so bad that I terminated the employee. Most of the time, it's usually a misunderstanding on the part of the customer or the customer is upset about something else and is acting out. It still needs to be investigated regardless.

If they have bad CSRs they want to weed them out or retrain them. I would imagine once they get the details they will look up the transcript for verification before considering feedback or whatever else to the CSR. I don't see anything wrong with that. I own several businesses. When a customer provides feedback about an employee that may be troublesome, I have no choice but to investigate. If a customer provides good feedback about an employee, I make sure to pass that on as well. There have been times when the behavior was so bad that I terminated the employee. Most of the time, it's usually a misunderstanding on the part of the customer or the customer is upset about something else and is acting out. It still needs to be investigated regardless.

Gotta agree with laddyboy on this.

My sister in law was rudely spoken to when she called to ask about packages. They wanted to run a credit check. Partly why they ask to run a credit check is to help close the sale. They figure that once they run a credit check and give you the prices that you'll sign up since a credit check was done already.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My sister in law was rudely spoken to when she called to ask about packages. They wanted to run a credit check. Partly why they ask to run a credit check is to help close the sale. They figure that once they run a credit check and give you the prices that you'll sign up since a credit check was done already.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Nope. The reason for the credit check is to determine what package a customer will qualify for. There are several packages, with several key differences. You can see them at:

http://www.dish.com/legal/

There are Flex and DHA plans, and within the DHA plans, there are three sub-plans. Which one the customer qualifies for determines what extras they get (HBO/Max/Sho/Starz, BB@home, etc), and what hook-up costs there are.

If a customer wants only the package prices, they are the same, and are available on the Dish website. If you want more details like install cost, equipment costs, the agent has to figure out what you qualify for. Again...package prices are on the website, no reason to call in for those...

Disclaimer: As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way.

there actually is a price difference on one of the packages right now that varies depending on your credit qualification. no idea why. but they need to run the check to know what the price for programming will be for a new customer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)