The Flash

Great Part 1 show last night and can't wait for the crossover Part 2 tonight and hope they do more of these each season!! :)!! :)

Though the "versus" part was pretty predictable from the opening scene when the bank robber entered the bank and everyone started fighting each other, the fight scenes between Flash and Arrow were well done. As far as I'm concerned Felicity Smoak should be in every show on TV right now.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
For the most part I find Arrow enjoyable. The Flash...annoying. Deleted my backlog...and timer.

I love the Flash and find the ARROW irritating. I hate the way his character acts. He is a complete DICK in just about every scene and if I see one more flashback to his HongKong or China Hippie days I think I will scream!:censored The only reason I still watch the Arrow is for the cross over episodes with the Flash.

I find both shows incredibly cheesy and predictable, I gave the flash enough time.... I can now delete my season pass knowing it's not for me.. Gotham is a different story though, that show is well done, even my family that hates the superhero/comic genre enjoys it.

Next Episode: S01, E09

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

"The Man in the Yellow Suit":
Barry enjoys holiday traditions with Joe and Iris -- and is faced with his nemesis; a touching moment with Iris is interrupted by Eddie's arrival.

S~

Just one more comment from the above article
Am I the only one that noticed that Arrow won't return until OCTOBER? I also heard that they hired Chris Pratt to play Star-Lord in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm not buying these lies...

+

I just hope they don't kill off Barry's mother. That would be a bummer.

So the doctor Wells was the reverse flash? was he in the suit when he was kicking his own ass?OR was he controlling it via remote control or a robot? I am confused . Anyone want to take stab at filling me in on what was going on?:confused:

So the doctor Wells was the reverse flash? was he in the suit when he was kicking his own ass?OR was he controlling it via remote control or a robot? I am confused . Anyone want to take stab at filling me in on what was going on?:confused:
I'm guessing time travel. Two Wells from different times at the same place.

Edit to add: based on character names, it's Eddie Thawne that should be the inverse flash. So maybe that was an Eddie from a different time beating up Wells. Maybe Wells has a different version of the suit (from a different time or timeline), but is not the inverse flash and is charging it up for other purposes.

I'm guessing time travel. Two Wells from different times at the same place.

Edit to add: based on character names, it's Eddie Thawne that should be the inverse flash. So maybe that was an Eddie from a different time beating up Wells. Maybe Wells has a different version of the suit (from a different time or timeline), but is not the inverse flash and is charging it up for other purposes.
Ok. I guess I could see that. But it does get confusing.

I was wondering but they clearly had 2 different people when they had the inverse flash inside the field and Dr Wells outside. Now it could be a time travel Dr Wells, but why beat himself up when there were other victims around that the inverse flash could have just as easily grabbed.

My other thought was that the tachyon device that the inverse flash stole was just a mockup put out as bait. Dr. Wells could have secured the real one and used it to make the pulses that drew in the inverse.

Great episode, but this show really needs to decide what Flash's powers are. Either he can run up to a non-metahuman, punch him in the face, and take his gun, or he can't (which is all he needed to do in the final battle scene). Not to mention, either the police can shoot and kill a non-metahuman who has no means of physical protection and is completely distracted by the Flash running circles around him or they can't (or at least they have a reason why they can't, such as they needed the Mr. Cold and Heat Wave alive in order to learn the whereabouts of Caitlin -- that was never mentioned IIRC and the way the show was edited, Joe found her before the battle).

Great episode, but this show really needs to decide what Flash's powers are. Either he can run up to a non-metahuman, punch him in the face, and take his gun, or he can't (which is all he needed to do in the final battle scene)..
I typed this same thing and didnt post it. lol
Of course, this happens often enough in comics that I forgive it in the tv version. They tend to (in both cases) make them as powerful or as weak as they need to be for that particular story.

I typed this same thing and didnt post it. lol
Of course, this happens often enough in comics that I forgive it in the tv version. They tend to (in both cases) make them as powerful or as weak as they need to be for that particular story.

Very true. I guess I just see comics like the ones I read as a kid in the 70s as being geared for a juvenile readership (I haven't read comics since but realize that they do publish more adult-oriented comics). And just like Saturday morning cartoons (which I would never watch now), they tend to be filled with the kinds of plot holes and inconsistencies most 8-12 year olds will never notice.

It just annoys me in a primetime show (geared toward the coveted 18-34 demographic) when a gaping plot hole or inconsistency could have easily been prevented with a simple line of dialogue or slightly more thoughtful writing. For example, the only way this battle with guys with superpowered guns works is if the Flash got ambushed and immediately suffered an injury that made him limited in battle. Our guys with heavy weapons could have then posted a video of the confrontation to satisfy the plot development that the Flash is now exposed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)