The Mysteries of Laura

This show is just enough quirkiness of her Grace character from "Will and Grace" and enough investigative -cop show to give it a good mix. I think Debra Messing has finally found her groove, after the horrible "Smash" show a couple of years ago.

Reactions: DJdish
This show is just enough quirkiness of her Grace character from "Will and Grace" and enough investigative -cop show to give it a good mix. I think Debra Messing has finally found her groove, after the horrible "Smash" show a couple of years ago.

Totally agree.

I really hope they bring together the whole bunch from Will and Grace for an epic episode.....;)

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Another good episode.

Big surprise at the end, and of course I´m looking forward to part 2.

Keep up the good work Laura.

Liked it ,but I am getting tired of all the drama between her and her ex. Either get with him or move on. I've known since the beginning that Jake was the best one for her. I still don't know why they don't show a flash back in either her mind or Jake's that lets us in on his reason for cheating in the first place.

Here's an idea. :eureka They show the flashback and this time we see that Jake was having an affair with GRACE from Will and Grace. She ends up murdered and Laura comes on the crime scene and see's her and has to recluse herself from the investigation ,because she becomes the number one suspect. Then you can figure out why Jake cheated on a distracted Laura -because she is at work all the time, and Grace looks like her anyway ,so...... :popcorn

Nice episode, except for the fact someone put a bullet in the captain´s head.

Well that´s what I think happened since there was no close up.

Liked it ,but I am getting tired of all the drama between her and her ex. Either get with him or move on. I've known since the beginning that Jake was the best one for her. I still don't know why they don't show a flash back in either her mind or Jake's that lets us in on his reason for cheating in the first place.

Here's an idea. :eureka They show the flashback and this time we see that Jake was having an affair with GRACE from Will and Grace. She ends up murdered and Laura comes on the crime scene and see's her and has to recluse herself from the investigation ,because she becomes the number one suspect. Then you can figure out why Jake cheated on a distracted Laura -because she is at work all the time, and Grace looks like her anyway ,so...... :popcorn

References to past shows can work (look at the last episode of Newhart of the episode og George &Leo that had cameos from regulars from Newhart, the Bob Newhart Show, Taxi and Dear John) but that might be too much. Kind of like the episode of Wild Wild West where guest stare Alan Hale Jr. said he wanted to take a vacation on a deserted island.

Was wondering if there were any news of renewal.

Same here, hope comes back.

I´ve come to enjoy this series and all the characters.

I think that Nbc has taken to doing shows in short seasons and adding new shows to run in their place. I was hoping that they have learned from their awful past that running a few episodes and then stopping for a few months and then bringing them back towards the end of the current season was killing their shows. Remember the original Heroes? That was what killed that one. But look at Blind spot and Blacklist. Those show were recently kept off the air since before the holidays and just now came back last week. NBC used to be the network that you watched back in the 90s ,but they have really made some weird decisions this last few years.

I agree, I think they are really bad at that.

I remember I liked one show that was on NBC on the Monday 10 PM timeslot, The Event, unfortunately for me it was cancelled (or simply not renewed) on a cliffhanger.

Then they came up with The Playboy Club or something like that which failed miserably and got cancelled pretty quick, I think same happened with at least a couple of shows that came up on that time slot (Law & Order LA was one of them I think).

Then came The Blacklist, which was a hit, they moved it to Thursday, NBC put it on long breaks, and the ratings have suffered accordingly.

Blindspot is the most recent show on that Monday time slot, big success, and what does NBC do ? Give it a 3 month winter break ?

That just doesn´t make any sense IMO.

Having said that I hope they keep Laura alive for at least one more season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)