thought you should know...

This may be a late addition to the thread but should I be concerned going to work for DISH? Lurker normally just finding info. I got a call confirming I HAVE A JOB (YAY!) and I'm concerned I should still be looking.

This may be a late addition to the thread but should I be concerned going to work for DISH? Lurker normally just finding info. I got a call confirming I HAVE A JOB (YAY!) and I'm concerned I should still be looking.

If you don't have a job today why not take the one you've been offered. After all, there is just one person who seems to have a problem with their employer..... If it doesn't work out, you didn't have a job to begin with....

Oh no I cannot afford to turn it down. It seems like there are agents that feel as if they have sold their soul and now come to confession here. I find gainful employment after a week of no job and I'd be a fool to turn it down honestly.

hey killer, you can take the job, but i dont suggest that you stop looking for employment. you have a 45% chance of saying screw this and quitting, a 45% chance of geting fired for BS reasons, and a 10% of actually liking the job.

ok i have worked for directv for several years, and left them to work for dish. they both have call centers in tulsa.

well, dish just seems to be losing base with the customers interest. it really seemed to irk me about a year ago when they started the plat free promotion. we were instructed to not tell existing customers who are paying for platinum and reg hd about it and to let them continue to pay 20.00. and customers who only had regular hd, we could not offer them the plat for free. (even though they would get it if they changed packages). when asking about it during team meetings, our quality guy (real douchy weasal) replied "why would we want to give up the extra revenue".

we also find out about the price increases well in advance. we in tulsa new about the new reciever prices in december of 2009. yet we were isntructed to upsell all the duo dvr upgrades we can, and tell them the current 5.00 sd duo dvr charge and 7.00 hd duo dvr charge knowing very well what they would pay come feb1st. some of these customers i had to lie to and set up would never actually see a bill with the price i told them as they would get installed after feb1st.

and now my favorite is the new VOD channel locations. dont you all like how they put a vod on channel "1"? oh, and if you block it, it only stays blocked for a short while. as soon as the movie on channel 1 changes, its there again. we agents have mentioned time and time to managment about this, and that is is making a lot of unwnated orders. we are then told with a smile, thats great, helps revenue, and if you adjust the cost for one customer kiss your job good bye.

oh, and new adjustment polices are limited to only 45.00 max per agent per customer. even with loyalty. (who i work with). no agent can adjust over 45.00. doing so, will cost us our job.

and for those who think that free hd for life will last for life, i got one clause for you...."programming subject to change". oh, and it already has, ya'll lost 4 hd channels.

i dont know how much longer i will be with dish. i am thinking about going to directv to ask for my old job back. management right now is on my ass for not subscribing to dish. they say its free. but if i cancel it, i have to pay to return the rec. i also have to pay tax on my free programming, and if something happens to my equip and its not warrentied, i have to pay for it. free my ass. plus i have to have tvone. my dad wont let dish in his home until they have that channel.

Who needs a BS reason when you have this? *points up*

Last edited:
Oh no I cannot afford to turn it down.
Don't turn it down in that case. To some people, it's just a job. Leave your morals or compassion when you walk in the door at work. It's commendable to try and help people out or do what you think is right, but you may have a family to feed, bills to pay, and so on.

yeah, now you can block the VODs for good. at the time i posted the OP, they would keep coming back on whenever the movie titles changed. Either way, i am no longer working with dish! best of luck to you killer, you might be one of those 10 percenters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts