Too many Commercials!!... Stop It!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Only about 15% of PBS's annual budget comes from government funding. Most of that is directed at educational programming.

NPR does not receive any direct federal funding, but it does receive a small number of competitive grants from CPB and federal agencies like the Department of Education and the Department of Commerce. This funding amounts to approximately 2% of NPR's overall revenues.

In both cases, it's money well spent in my opinion. Do you know who the majority of the US public debt is owed to? Us...
One more reply to this post. Most of the debt we owe is actually to China.

One more reply to this post. Most of the debt we owe is actually to China.
Do some research. Only about $7.7 trillion of the US debt is foreign held. The largest holder of that is currently Japan, followed by China. The US has not had zero debt since a brief period in 1835-36 under President Andrew Jackson.

"According to the Treasury Department, foreign governments hold about $7.7 trillion in U.S. debt, though no country holds more than 5% of the total. As of the end of November, the most recent data available, Japan was the largest foreign holder of U.S. debt, with $1.3 trillion. China was the second-largest holder of U.S. debt, with $1.1 trillion, while the United Kingdom was in distant third place, with $622 billion."

Maybe you like it because of the politics they have. Don't get me wrong, for I am against funding even conservative channels. But let's say this. How about we give funds to Fox News? If that were the case, you'd have a field day.
I don't care either way about PBS or NPR's perceived politics. Fox News is a private business that exists for one purpose only, to make as much money as possible for their shareholders. Just like every other corporate enterprise. I may disagree with the entertainers Fox uses to make that money, but I do understand why they do it...

I don't care either way about PBS or NPR's perceived politics. Fox News is a private business that exists for one purpose only, to make as much money as possible for their shareholders. Just like every other corporate enterprise. I may disagree with the entertainers Fox uses to make that money, but I do understand why they do it...
It's obvious we're not going to agree. So let's agree to disagree.

Reactions: NYDutch
Please, make it stop . . .

MakeItStop.jpg

No, that source claims that the US Treasury said it. While during the Clinton administration you are right it went down. I have no idea why you think it went down during the Carter administration. Check USDebtClock.org and you'll see it went up during the Carter years.
It's easy enough to verify the data with the Treasury Dept.

I didn't say it went down during Carter's term in office, just that there were years it didn't go up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.