mikekohl

Prehistoric Satellite Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 4, 2004
Montfort, Wisconsin
Just a note to announce that DMS International has just received software
to allow use of the TRAXIS DBS-3500 and pass AC-3 Dolby digital from both
the RCA Coaxial output as well as the SPDIF optical output ports, to a Dolby Digital equpped stereo receiver.

Global Communications has tested this new version on the highly coveted PBS channels on AMC-3 Ku-band, and it works flawlessly. Transfer of old channel and scanned scanned information is not easily accomplished from previous receiver software versions, however. We tried, and found that when using channel and satellite memory from earlier versions, it corrupted or otherwise overrides the new operations software when you attempt to transfer channels and satellites. So the only solution is to load the new version
(V-1086 dated October 8, 2007) and manually re-do everything. We will have
a very busy night recreating our "Master" memory, but once it is done, will be
making a service available to all existing owners of DBS-3500 receivers that do not have the time to deal with all of the mechanics. Drop us an Email for details, which will include installation of the new memory on your receiver, which will also have new satellite and channel memories pre-installed and tested.

Great news I was hoping the fix would soon be out.
I'll be getting the update and loading it in. I also don't have alot
scanned. So I will give it a try.

Ivy still has 'em cheap, so this might be a good time for a buying frenzy. :eureka

But see Mike above if you want one pre-configured, or your old one re-configured.

here is the software with everything you need :)

Attachments

• 20071008_DBS3500.zip
    918.7 KB · Views: 364
Are any of You having trouble with the loader for the traxis 3500
I was going to try the fix for ac-3 , when I open the loader, it says
file is not a reconizable format any ideas. I tried to open it with adobe reader no go.

Just upgraded the firmware, and did the factory reset.

Scanned in AMC3 and the AC3 works fine. Crystal clear sound to go with the crystal clear picture.

I'm like this Traxis more and more.

As far as the blind scan versus the Pansat 3500. I scanned in AMC3 in about 3 minutes. The Pansat would've taken at least 5 minutes, more like 10.

On my Coolsat 5000, the normal blindscan is about as quick as the Traxis, but sometimes misses some TPs unless you do the detailed blindscan which then it drops back to the speed of the Pansat, but doesn't miss near as much.

Fred

As far as the blind scan versus the Pansat 3500. I scanned in AMC3 in about 3 minutes. The Pansat would've taken at least 5 minutes, more like 10.

On my Coolsat 5000, the normal blindscan is about as quick as the Traxis, but sometimes misses some TPs unless you do the detailed blindscan which then it drops back to the speed of the Pansat, but doesn't miss near as much.

Fred

Thanks Linuxman for the reply.

Working Great watching the Pentagon Channel right now
This Traxis 3500 Receiver has become my favorite other than My Qualitv

Last edited:
upgrade 3500

Is there a how-to for this 3500 upgrade? I just landed one, and want to install the ac3 fix, wasn't a cable that came in the box with receiver. I"ll check my viewsat box, there was some type of cable that came with the ultra but I havent opened the package up yet.
thks

Yes, I dont think I have one a'them tho lol. Gotta find the box this ultra came in, they sent some kind of cable I never opened. Wonder if a reg computer serial cable is same thing as a null cable?

...well, in addition to the info in the PM, let me say this about that... :rolleyes:

In previous threads, someone pointed out that Radio Shack had a little adapter to convert a straight-through to a null-modem cable.
While I don't like to send them business, if it's what you need, then it's one answer.

Another answer is MonoPrice.com, but as I said, I haven't looked specifically at their prices, and shipping might make that too expensive.
However, if you'll notice their prices and get some HDMI, Component, and other cables (that you'll eventually need), then shipping across the whole order might not be a problem.
Plus, LCD TV mounts, too!
I actually picked mine up there, after deciding which of two competing models I liked best!

edit:
Oh, and I'm still using the cable I made about six months ago.
Made from maybe $1.50 worth of connectors, shells, and some left-over phone or networking cable.

Hey anole I was thinking about making one, just found an old thread that told what it was, just 3 wires involved in the entire thing, 2 switched to 3 , and 3 to 2, and then pin5. How hard can that be.....if I can find one to tear up tonite ,hehe.

Edit to add > I got to test this traxis a few min before going out to work a bit, earlier and it's FAST alright. I may put this dang 200dollar
box off to the side for awhile !!! Who needs 256color graphics anyway

Last edited:
Yes, I dont think I have one a'them tho lol. Gotta find the box this ultra came in, they sent some kind of cable I never opened. Wonder if a reg computer serial cable is same thing as a null cable?

The difference between a serial cable and a null modem cable is TX and Rec are crossed on one end. I built one myself cost zero $$$, made it out of old computer junk. Works great with my Pansat.:)

Thks tvro soon as this football game ends I'm going to try my luck. I found this cable, either will work as is, or after I do some soldering.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)