Ultra HD Blu-ray Spec Completed

I think in order to achieve 3D at 4K with current bandwidth they would've sacrificed HDR, HFR and/or color space. Perhaps the members of the Alliance were not willing to go that route, or just weren't quite ready to finalize that part of the specs. Although I am disappointed that 3D didn't make it to the initial Ultra HD Blu-ray specs, I don't think that necessarily spells the death for 3D. It can be added down the road as the next revision (just like with Blu-ray) once technology matures and especially if glassless 3D becomes a success.

Last edited:
Reactions: navychop
Budgeting. This will require an upgrade on everything. I Have been burned so many times on first gen hardware that I will wait a year for prices to come down and the mistakes to be corrected.

It will still be a $10k upgrade :(

I think my upgrade will cost a lot less...3K for a 65" UHDTV, 2K for a HT Receiver and $300 for a PS4 with UHD Blu-Ray player.

I think my upgrade will cost a lot less...3K for a 65" UHDTV, 2K for a HT Receiver and $300 for a PS4 with UHD Blu-Ray player.
Understood, but apples and oranges.

I am looking at a new projector, likely a new screen, new receiver, at least 2 new speakers and I expect at least new HDMI cabling from receiver to projector.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)