Unsupported Mode on Seiki TV

OhioDon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Ohio
I have been using DirecTV satellite for a number of years using wireless Genie minis. I use the HDMI output from the mini and that goes into an HDMI splitter. The splitter splits to a newer Samsung and to an older Seiki 1080p tv. This was working fine with the mini although we occasionally randomly experience momentary black screens when the Seiki tv was watching.

I just setup a DirecTV Stream box last night. It works fine on the Samsung tv but on the Seiki tv it says "Unsupported Mode". I assume this has something to do with the resolution but why would the output of the Stream box be different from the output of the wireless Genie Mini?

I have been using DirecTV satellite for a number of years using wireless Genie minis. I use the HDMI output from the mini and that goes into an HDMI splitter. The splitter splits to a newer Samsung and to an older Seiki 1080p tv. This was working fine with the mini although we occasionally randomly experience momentary black screens when the Seiki tv was watching.

I just setup a DirecTV Stream box last night. It works fine on the Samsung tv but on the Seiki tv it says "Unsupported Mode". I assume this has something to do with the resolution but why would the output of the Stream box be different from the output of the wireless Genie Mini?
Does the new stream box work fine on the Seiki tv if hooked directly to that one? Have you tried that?

It worked fine with the stream box connected to the Seiki TV. I moved it back to the main TV where I pulled the entertainment center away from the wall so I could see the splitter. The splitter has an EDID switch that you can choose "TV" or "STD". I changed this to "STD" and everything works. :)

• Haha
Reactions: primestar31