Verizon VA Info

I am waiting for the new program guide to show up. I received something in the mail talking about the new program guide.

New FiOS Internet.............Finally :) Herndon, VA

Hello everybody I apologize for not posting sooner but I have just purchased my first home in Herndon, VA and to my surprise FiOS Internet was available. I got the 15MB/2MB package and the installation went GREAT. I now have wireless throughout my house (attic included) and plus my house is hard-wired at that great speed. I have nothing but praise for Verizon in this venture although I am still pissed at them for the Vonage fiasco :( I am a former Vonage customer who switched over to voip.com to avoid any service interruptions. My question is FiOS TV is not available at my house yet and I have asked the technician about that and he told me that I am so so so close to the CO (Central Office) in fact that I can actually walk to it if I wanted. I am only 2 miles from Dulles Airport. I am so happy because I moved from Alexandria, VA to Herndon, VA (Fairfax County) and finally got rid of ComCrap :) but I am now stuck with Cox Cable and it is not that bad and plus I got a great deal for the next 6 months (Everything I got is discounted 50%) I hope that in the interim that I will have FiOS TV available. Can you guys give me your impressions of the FiOS TV service. I look forward to hear from you guys.....

Thanks!!!!!

Also heard that CW-27 has a contract with Verizon for their HD channel and are working on getting the fiber lines connected to their station now. Hopefully we will have this channel added soon too.

Well I think WVEC-13 HD will go live tomorrow sometime. I am already seeing the channel in my program guide as 813.

We will see if it gets activated.

Yeah!!

I have been following this thread for some time and am puzzled... In the august PDF it doesn't mention some construction that is near me that is starting in earnest. I have seen up the street from me that there is FIOS being laid in the ground in Sugarland in sterling of which is in Loudoun, VA. I am aware that the list will change but figured I would report any new construction I see near me if it is not mentioned elsewhere.

I'm in the same boat. My neighborhood is not on the list, but we got door hangers last week and they marked up the street / lawns with the Miss Utility lines. I expect I'll see the lines put in very soon at this rate. I'm in CountrySide.

You need to update the Fairfax County listing:
Anywhere Navychop lives, Fios installation will be delayed indefinitely. :(

Well I think WVEC-13 HD will go live tomorrow sometime. I am already seeing the channel in my program guide as 813.

We will see if it gets activated.

Huh? What the heck is WVEC-13 HD? And you are seeing it in your FiOS TV program guide? In Northern Virginia??

NEVER MIND! I just did a search for WVEC and found out it is in Hampton Roads. Sorry!

You need to update the Fairfax County listing:
Anywhere Navychop lives, Fios installation will be delayed indefinitely. :(
The "system" won't let me edit my original post any longer. Plus, to be honest, I lost interest in this thread since the whole hightechtv.net idea sort of lost momentum and SatelliteGuys is once again focusing on the satellite forums. In fact, the last update to the HDTV Portal main page was on 4 May. Unfortunately, I visit DSLReports and other forums for FiOS, Cable and high tech TV information these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)