Versus Removed Sept 1 from DirecTV

Do you think they will get a deal done?

• Yes they Will before 9/1

Votes: 22 10.0%
  • Yes they will, but after 9/1 but before 9/12

Votes: 37 16.7%
  • yes they will, but after 9/12 but in time for nhl season.

Votes: 94 42.5%
  • no they won't

Votes: 68 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The glass half full thing confuses me:

When u fill a glass u really only fill it about 90%....u dont go right to the very top.
So when u fill it only half way (at the real 50% mark) its really filled then like 60%.

So even when its "half filled" its still really 60% filled....so thats more than half.

So the glass is never really half filled.

The glass half full thing confuses me:

When u fill a glass u really only fill it about 90%....u dont go right to the very top.
So when u fill it only half way (at the real 50% mark) its really filled then like 60%.

So even when its "half filled" its still really 60% filled....so thats more than half.

So the glass is never really half filled.

Say, that's right :up Never looked at it that way.

Anyone like to see a poll of how we think this Vs thing will wind up? Last minute deal? Blacked out for all of the NHL & football seasons? Deal cut sometime into the seasons?

Say, that's right :up Never looked at it that way.

Anyone like to see a poll of how we think this Vs thing will wind up? Last minute deal? Blacked out for all of the NHL & football seasons? Deal cut sometime into the seasons?

Ummm, you need to MAKE a Poll if you want to see that !

I believe that falls under the last option at this time. The dates that matter right now are the early ones. The only way a deal waits that long is if a lot of pressure just before we get to the playoffs and large number of people either dropping them or making cuts to accomadate another service and telling them thats why they are making those changes. However, its as good as a deal not getting done because by then someone has to pressure it to get done or talks would likely break apart. I would expect by then Comcast, Dish Network, and possibly other providers to try and take advantage of this situation.
There is no option for my vote:
I think it wont get done until right before the nhl playoffs.

in my opinion directv is playing hardball trying to work out something where in exchange for carrying versus they will get ALL comcast regional sports networks including CSN philly. Maybe they are also working on creating a new sports network or some kind of affiliation agreement where they both can offer nfl sunday ticket and split the costs?
I know they have something up their sleeves. Maybe Comcast and directv will merge??

in my opinion directv is playing hardball trying to work out something where in exchange for carrying versus they will get ALL comcast regional sports networks including CSN philly. Maybe they are also working on creating a new sports network or some kind of affiliation agreement where they both can offer nfl sunday ticket and split the costs?
I know they have something up their sleeves. Maybe Comcast and directv will merge??

Interesting take on it. I hope you're right about getting more Comcast feeds.

"All I want for Christmas are those MSG HD feeds" :angel:

I would absolutely love if they got CSN Philly. Thats one of the major drawbacks of me switching to Directv.

A lot of people watch VS a lot, a lot of the time. DirecTV will settle this dispute and keep VS on the air or upset a lot of people.

You of course have the numbers to prove your claim, yes? Where is VS ranked?

Don't think D* cares much! I only watch for the fishing shows and have E* at present. Still waiting for my D* to get installed. Signed up for it on 8/13/2009 and still not installed, But thats another story!

Unhappy D* coustermer that isn't even activated yet!hehe So much for there great service!

Don't think D* cares much! I only watch for the fishing shows and have E* at present. Still waiting for my D* to get installed. Signed up for it on 8/13/2009 and still not installed, But thats another story!

Unhappy D* coustermer that isn't even activated yet!hehe So much for there great service!

I doubt it has anything to do with Directv. Who is the install company, Halsted? BTW, where are you in CT?

Of course. Why would E* have lost it?
I was only mentioning so that ya'll know that D* or VS is cause this problem on porpose and that it is not like there is something wrong with the HD feed and everybody getting the SD feed. Was not trying to be a smartass just thought ya'll might want some insight about it.

I doubt it has anything to do with Directv. Who is the install company, Halsted? BTW, where are you in CT?

I didn't get the info off the van, He was out a here so quick. The number they gave me for the office is listed to halstead comm.

I started my own thread. Lets bring it over there as to not hijack this one:)

jet

Im watchin the Indycar Race on VERSUS, like you guys said, their not using the HD feed, instead its the SD feed on HD Channel.

Every 30 minutes, The white print from DirecTV pops up saying you may lose VERSUS after 8/31
but after every commercial a black bar comes up squishing the screen it reads "You are about to lose Versus on directv. To Keep Versus call or go to Versus,com to switch to another provider----All of which carry Versus."

Status
Please reply by conversation.