Was RTN Down last nite (6/2)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well about 11pm last night I went through and fine tuned via Diseqc 1.2. I had RTN for awhile at 35%! Well this am it is about 29% max :( Can't lock it in. I can hear some blips of sound and a few quick pixels but no go on the RTN :( There is no RTN affil on 123 is there?

OK, I am corn-fused! The NBC bars were in the high 60's. RTNs choppy - 29%. Then the NBC bars went to 29% choppy. Lost RTN. Now back to booming NBC - 65+% and now my RTN's are 29%-37% and just fine......hmmm...what gives????

RTN peaking at 46, solid as a rock, NBC peaking at 87, Leo 1 peaking at 76. This is on my Pansat 2700 and the 90cm right now 2:36pm.

Well I get nothing on 83w at the moment. Not even a little bit of signal. OK, as I type this I have a signal that is locking up the pictures...It is just at/below my threshold. I think maybe my motor has an issue. If I motor from my TSS - 93w, I can't get anything. 79w is fine. and most of the other birds are fine. Seems that I can fine tune the motor, but after I go to another satellite, then come back to where I was, the signal is lower. Sorry to get off topic here. I think might have to buy a new motor.

I'm not sure if it's the motor. I had tweaked the dish angle again after first locking in on d*121 - this time to maximize the quality for RTN. RTN is coming in fine at my location. In fact, before I made a slight adjustment to see AMC9 better, I haven't been able to see any bird to the east/left of it. After the slight adjustment, I'm able to see all of the birds.

Not sure if I posted this before, but when I was looking at motor, and it was moving to the east (my problem direction) at about my TSS (93w) the motor "skipped" - like what it would look like if a gear was missing a tooth. I also found a time or two where the motor did not actually go to the position I had told it to. Now when I motor from the west I get booming signals.

I lost RTV last night in a rain storm. Who owns that Leo-1 and what purpose does it serve? Cant they turn their power down? Is not there something about harmful interference?

I lost it also. I JUST installed my dish on a motor & had RTV on for a short time on thursday. We had a couple of storms & I haven't been able to get it at all, though I haven't tried any outdoor tweaking yet.

And before I go sweating outside in our 100 degree blast furnace, I need to ask this question (again:)):

Is anyone getting RTV right now??

I lost it also. I JUST installed my dish on a motor & had RTV on for a short time on thursday. We had a couple of storms & I haven't been able to get it at all, though I haven't tried any outdoor tweaking yet.

And before I go sweating outside in our 100 degree blast furnace, I need to ask this question (again:)):

Is anyone getting RTV right now??

Yeah we have rain but i still have a lock on RTN Sq 75%

Thanks (I guess:)) Billion,

That means I feel obligated to go outside & tweak & sweat until I get them back. Not only is it 100, but it's muggy on top of that.

Neither rain nor sleet nor snow will stop the true dish head. :D I thought that was the postman. :eek:

Neither rain nor sleet nor snow will stop the true dish head. :D I thought that was the postman. :eek:
I guess I may be a Dish Head, but the harvesting/transplant of the 3rd BUD is off 'till it cools down some! It's been highs of over 100 here for about a week now! :eek:

I reset the motor, found nimiq at 82W with a circular lnb, put in the linear & RTV popped right up.

I really am not convinced that anything I did was responsible. I wonder if RTV's TP sporadically loses power.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts