Weather nation (Now available on ch 215)

I like it a lot. I was playing with the app and it is very snappy. Press a button and it changes right away. Also all my favorites were already programmed on it.

I actually like Weather Nation - it's good to see that there is all weather all the time. The format of it reminds me a lot of the Weather Channel back in the 90's. And I don't see anything in the programming guide about "Top 10 Tornadoes" or things like that.

3-4 minutes of past and future time lapse graphics over a national map. Riveting stuff.:rolleyes

So, are we just going to get teased with this channel for 2 days until a new contract is reached with TWC and then WN goes away? :(
I don't think they would do that since they added the WN app as well.
dare2be , you have a good memory -- that's exactly what Dish did to one of those weather networks a few years ago. Was it Weather Nation ? I can't recall now.

dare2be , you have a good memory -- that's exactly what Dish did to one of those weather networks a few years ago. Was it Weather Nation ? I can't recall now.
It was WN's first company The Weather Cast. Ithink it started on with DISH. It didn't last long then about a year later WN started.

I remember last time well, I think it was a Wednesday night. DISH Put up TWCast and then droped TWC right away. Now it seems that DISH isn't dropping TWC yet. Maybe DISH is happy with 2 weather channels with Apps?

Reactions: TheKrell
It was WN's first company The Weather Cast. Ithink it started on with DISH. It didn't last long then about a year later WN started.

I remember last time well, I think it was a Wednesday night. DISH Put up TWCast and then droped TWC right away. Now it seems that DISH isn't dropping TWC yet. Maybe DISH is happy with 2 weather channels with Apps?
Till contract negotiation time comes up again...........

If I remember correctly, Dish never actually dropped The Weather Channel last time. They replaced the app, and I think they temporarily flip-flopped the channel numbers (putting The Weather Cast on 214 and moving The Weather Channel to 213) but The Weather Channel remained available the whole time, as far as I know. This time, I would think that Weather Nation made absolutely sure to dot every "i" and cross every "t" in the contract to make sure that they don't get "The-Weather-Cast-ed" again.

Reactions: jamesjimcie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts