Weather nation (Now available on ch 215)

You say it's just a couple pushes of a button, and you have the weather there, compared to finding it in a smart phone taking 3-4 minutes? It takes me under 10 seconds to get my local weather,s.

Read what I said again. It doesn't take me 3-4 minutes to get to the weather app. It takes me that long to get the info I need as opposed to letting the TV play for the 15 minutes it takes me to get ready and hearing the forecast twice in the meantime. IOW, an app on the smartphone or laptop requires you do only that to get your info.

For total disclosure, when I am out of the house I use weatherbug. I use apps all the time. It's just very inconvenient to use while I am pulling my pants on!

Read what I said again. It doesn't take me 3-4 minutes to get to the weather app. It takes me that long to get the info I need as opposed to letting the TV play for the 15 minutes it takes me to get ready and hearing the forecast twice in the meantime. IOW, an app on the smartphone or laptop requires you do only that to get your info.

For total disclosure, when I am out of the house I use weatherbug. I use apps all the time. It's just very inconvenient to use while I am pulling my pants on!
I can see that, however wanting to check the weather when I'm pulling my pants up seems trivial to pay for(in regards to a subscription fee via tv provider) when I can take the few seconds and glance at my phone via 2 button presses and I still have my show on. It is mostly about paying for something as a company, when there are so many other options for free and in most cases is more convienant and widely used. For example, Dish canceling their email service for DishNet customers, with the wide availability of free email providers. It just was pointless to continue on with it, even though there were some that really did use it. Like I said, MOST customers will use an app or alternative option, being the 40 and below audience, or those above 40 will not have internet to be able to use the app. My here are still those above and below 40 that have Internet and use the app, but nobody can deny that the smart phone is the typical choice for things like that(if someone cares enough)

3-4 minutes? That's nuts.
I keep the Yahoo weather widget on my phone's home page. I just swipe to unlock, and the current temp and hourly forecast for the next 5 hours are right there in a compact 4x1 space. If I want more info, I tap the widget, and have the hourly for the next 24 hours, plus the 10-day forecast, humidity, wind, precip, etc.

I don't know if I would classify that as a fanboy, rather opinion based on changing technologies and productions.

Wow. Even weather channels have fanboys. Do we need a weather channel war zone?
Whoa..Easy pal....The kicks butt thing was a comparison to weather channel.....
If you thought you were being sarcastuc, you're wrong. Just snarky. Don't go thinking you're a funny guy...
Now, if there's something else you'd like to discuss....

Reactions: KAB
Whoa..Easy pal....The kicks butt thing was a comparison to weather channel.....
If you thought you were being sarcastuc, you're wrong. Just snarky. Don't go thinking you're a funny guy...
No. I'm a funny guy.
Now, if there's something else you'd like to discuss....
How about how QVC kicks HSN's butt?

Reactions: Cold Irons
Once again, it's not two to 3 minutes to call up the page. It's two to three minutes (or more if the connection is slow) to go though an IN DEPTH analysis of the weather now and what's coming. During the spring just analyzing the radar, looking at the hour by hour and checking the current conditions takes at least that long for me. It is time I could be using to do something else. Again, apps are ACTIVE. TV is PASSIVE.
This time of year I work outdoors with very expensive electronic equipment, and I have to dress appropriately for the weather. It is hard to check all those screens while I am getting ready to head to work.
I was using NOAA radio for a little while there. I may go back to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)