Welcome to the Uplink Center!

You guys asked for it and you got it, as you can see now we have a seperate forum for ExpressVu uplinks. :)

Digiblur has done an excellent job on this, I am amazed by his excitement and enjoyment working on this project.

I also want to say a special thanks to JohnH who I consider the Godfather of the Uplink Report. JohnH was doing Uplink Reports before most of us knew what an uplink was.

Times have changed when this was all done by hand by folks like JohnH, DigiBlur and Goaliebob. Doing an uplink report sometimes took hours to do by hand, but now with Digiblurs hard work it only takes a few moments. While the automated method is not 100% error free, I would guess that the information we gather from it is around 98% error free. Because of this we value the fact that JohnH still does it by hand and alerts us when there is an issue with our automation. :)

Cheers to Digiblur and JohnH!

It may be early in the new year, but I think we have our first candidate for Satellite Guy of the year! :D

So, let me be the first to nominate DIGI. (Can I get a second?)

Digi - Way too cool! So this just runs unattended now and posts a new thread as required? As much as I like it, I did like the old way of having just one uplink thread for the week. Couldn't you make a new thread every Wednesday, and then just add a post to the thread as required? I don't know much about vBulletin, and it's API. Just wondering.

Also, I'm missing the uplink discussion thread. I can see the uplink reports getting crowded with comments and speculation unless they're locked.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the comments everyone! All the flat forehead nights pays off and the first Wednesday went off without any issues.

Totally off-topic but I need some help from the SatelliteGuys army, I've been checking the stores for about a month trying to find a Wii for the wife for her birthday. If you know how to get one in your area, let me know! I found the pre-order bundles at Gamestop.com but I'm not sure if this is the way to go. Feel free to PM me so we don't hijack this topic.

Also, I'm missing the uplink discussion thread. I can see the uplink reports getting crowded with comments and speculation unless they're locked.
I agree. I would like to see a single permanent discussion thread and have the individual activity report threads locked. This would help finding out at a glance which threads I haven't looked at yet....

Nice work Digi!

Is there any way to get instant email notification for the entire forum? Currenly you can only elect for weekly or daily email updates for the forum.

thanks

UNREAL!! THANKS DIGI!

This makes the "other" site look like a tractor compared to OUR Rolls Royce!

Makes you wish we had that for FW updates too..

Digi,

Can you set it up to also post a discussion header on the first run of the week? This way there isn't 5 or 6 threads with comments in 'em makes it cleaner to find all comments.

Great job!

Wonder how long it will take digiblur to stop watching it to see if it needs any assistance. :)
I know he was watching it very early this morning.

BTW: Thanks for the mention.