What Happened to Esquire?

I would say it is permanent, Dish removed it from their website.

Things could get bad for DISH? This channel is owned by NBC/Comcast. I'll be a very unhappy DISH customer if I lose USA and SYFY.
with that said ...
The early Termination Fee after 12 months is only $240 and you can frequently save that and more by switching. DTV usually gives you a $200 Visa Card to switch. Dish needs to keep their customers happy and smiling. And dropping channel after channel does not make me happy.

If I switch providers it'll be to an IPTV provider (maybe both PSVue/SlingTV) both of the basic/core packages give me what I want (minus locals) and the cost is roughly $60/month. Dish has been pretty good to me as a customer with discounts... The last discount I asked for was a $6 credit for losing KTLA and they gave me $5/month for three months... The reasoning behind my number was I pay $2/month for the one channel and I didn't want to out right remove it from my account because of my grandfathered status from the superstation era. I was actually shocked to see they restored it to my programming upon thowing the switch.

Not to mention, both those channels were included in the recent contract signing with NBCU.

Oh, I must of missed that news I thought earlier this year they were going to pull all the NBCU channels but DISH called for mediation based on a stipulation from the NBCU/Comcast merger. That was the last I heard of the issue, so my bad if I missed something important.

1. Was not a millennial channel. It was supposed to be directed towards metrosexual males but I never saw anything on it that metrosexual males would watch.

2. This is just another strike of anger towards the channel and what it did to G4.

3. Since it's a NBCU/Comcast channel maybe it's a give and take to get the EPL channels in HD?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bet that DISH rounds up on their price hikes anyway ,so we won't see any difference in the price going lower. But, maybe DISH is removing the lesser viewed channels in order to keep their costs from going up even higher than they want to pay, come January. I hope to have my flex pack price frozen for two years come November- when the credits off finally end.
Have we gotten confirmation that the Renewal Offer will still be available in November? I thought I saw an expiration date of October 26 for that offer somewhere.

I am so upset Esquire is gone. I never got to watch the orginal CSI and started watching it on Esquire. And I don't want to watch on the computer. If I did that I could get rid of Dish all together. So where can I watch it now from episode 278?

I am so upset Esquire is gone. I never got to watch the orginal CSI and started watching it on Esquire. And I don't want to watch on the computer. If I did that I could get rid of Dish all together. So where can I watch it now from episode 278?

This is the first time you posted? At least this proves that Esquire had at least one viewer.

Buy a Roku and watch it on hulu.

I am not happy about losing the channel, I watched it most of the time.
What I am most upset about is that they didn't keep their word. They offered me a credit and I was transferred to the correct dept. I was told that their computer was down and the credit could not be processed at this time. They asked me to please call back in a couple of hours. Which I did! They refused to give me the credit that I was promised. I call that poor customer service.
I sent back as much equipment as I could and dropped the package down so my bill is as low as possible. This channel is one of the reasons I switched to them, not to mention they are supposed to be cheaper than their conpetitors. I compared my bill to an old one from my previous provider and had pretty much the exact same service and the price is no better.
With that being said as soon as my contract is fulfilled I am leaving Dish. Not because they dropped on of my favorite channels but because they did not kept their promise about the credit.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)