What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Heres my question to the impatient people. Is the HD that is left to add really going to add to your experience so much that you cant stand to wait till it just shows up?

yes... i refuse to watch the knicks/isles/rangers in SD, it's painful. it's not like i'm begging for stretch-o-vision cartoon network HD here... i'd be willing to bet that if you took a poll, RSNs in HD would be right behind local channels in HD on most peoples "want" list.

Im willing to bet that the amount of people interested in local in HD and channels like DiscoveryHD and HGTVHD well outweighs the RSN crowd. Many, like myself, surely have crappy RSN's so it really does not matter to me.

Between locals in HD, ESPN's,Vs/Golf,TNTHD,NFL and BTN I can see anything I want to see.

Im willing to bet many are wanting NHLHD though.

Im willing to bet that the amount of people interested in local in HD and channels like DiscoveryHD and HGTVHD well outweighs the RSN crowd. Many, like myself, surely have crappy RSN's so it really does not matter to me.

like i said.... locals in HD is definitely the most wanted i'm sure, but D* has made it very clear that they are king when it comes to sports in HD, and most people that i know that are sports fans are D* subs and would prefer to have RSNs in HD over some of the other psuedo HD channels that have very little to offer. i'm sure if you asked every D* customer (not just the HD subscribers) you would have a lot of people wanting things like HGTV-HD, TBS-HD, etc... but i'm sure that if you only asked D* HD subscribers a large majority would say that the 2nd most important channel to have in HD is their RSN(s).

also... while i would LOVE to have NHL-HD, it's definitely an overstatement to say that demand for that channel is high.

MSG and fox sports ny are 2 very important channel in NY if you are a ranger, knicks, islanders or Devils fan. Also these channels were being held hostage by Cablevision, as the owner of cablevision also owns the channels.

Hello New York, I think I can feel your pain and understand how frustrating it can be for you. I remember how I kept wanting HD for the White Sox during their World seires run, the Bulls, the Blackhawks, etc. Comcast controlled a majority of those games and for a long time they were only broadcast on D* in SD. It's been HD for most of the year and it has been great. Hang in there, it's gotts be soon.

Greetings from an HD enabled Chicago !

Between locals in HD, ESPN's,Vs/Golf,TNTHD,NFL and BTN I can see anything I want to see.

Im willing to bet many are wanting NHLHD though.

I for one would rather have my RSN in HD over the other channels you mentioned, also I do not have locals available where I live in HD yet either (thru D*, I do get them OTA)

Jimbo

. while i would LOVE to have NHL-HD, it's definitely an overstatement to say that demand for that channel is high.
You are right on target there, man..after all, Hockey is the least favorite spectator sport in this country now, so I can't imagine they are in a big hurry to add it...However, I will say that I have watched Hockey in HD, and even though I am not a big hockey fan, it is truly AWESUM in HD...

I caution again to understand that until it's on - it's OFF!.

If it was ANY OTHER CHANNELS I would not feel this way - but I know how Mr. Dolan and his henchmen work. I was a CABLEVISION sub for 30 years.

But - it is truly what I was told, and thus I report - you decide.
I was told that the sports stuff might not be on at 6am - so I haven't given up totally. I was told to expect 2 new nationals, I would have thought they would be on this morning.

I am at work, so I can't view what is on or not, and I will be putting out a call in about an hour to see what I can find out.

So ScoBuck did the Dolans throw us a Curve with MSG & FSNY HD ??

Neither had any effect on DirecTVs revenues, or subscriber adds.
Based on what information? The results of the Comcast study were made available part way through Q2 and we have no full-quarter information since. Most (if not all) of the data that has been given out recently at conference calls was the Q2 data.

To make an accurate comparison of impact on revenues, and adds, you'd need rates from before and after each of the events in question.

Based on what information? The results of the Comcast study were made available part way through Q2 and we have no full-quarter information since. Most (if not all) of the data that has been given out recently at conference calls was the Q2 data.

To make an accurate comparison of impact on revenues, and adds, you'd need rates from before and after each of the events in question.

I guess you can make any supposition you want. I really don't care, and it looks to me like DirecTV doesn't either. I am sure they have thought out their game plan - I guess I give them a lot more credit than you do.

And likewise for you - BASED ON WHAT INFORMATION IS THIS? (And I quote your post)
'Then again, DIRECTV probably did more damage to themselves on the followup installer survey deception.

we still have two days left for them to add channels this week. They have fires to put out and make sure their homes and families are safe. Maybe tomorrow or friday once the fires start dieing down we'll see new channels.

i'm tuned to channel 77. The audio keeps dropping out then it goes to a directv logo then it goes back to the hd channel listing. Could they possibly be updating the channels tonight or gearing up for an update tomorrow?

i'm tuned to channel 77. The audio keeps dropping out then it goes to a directv logo then it goes back to the hd channel listing. Could they possibly be updating the channels tonight or gearing up for an update tomorrow?

My channel 77 is having no problems ....
Matter of fact, the audio drop outs I was having yesterday and a little Monday appear to be gone now.

edit:
Wow, that was the 1000 th post in this thread :)

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)