Which receiver to buy?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Test12345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
Any suggestions on which receiver to buy? Mine just crapped out. I dont have any idea of what to look for. I dont wanna spend too much and dont mind buying used. Is the MicroHD still considered good? Thanks!

Go for the MicroHD, under $100 and works great!. Does have it's quirks but which one doesn't. Add an external HD and it's a DVR and I wished it had component out it has just HDMI and standard def out but it was not a deal killer. I think you will like it, shop around for the lowest price.

I would suggest the Amiko HDSE although they are both good units. I also have the MicroHD. If you decide you want to go the route of the MicroHD, id be willing to sell you mine for $60.oo including shipping. Works perfectly. If you have a KU dish, it has all the KU channels already in it.

Test12345,

What was the brand name of the receiver that crapped out on you.

Neusat SP-6000 iirc. I'd like to get a more modern receiver. Is the amiko better or the micro hd? I might take up iBoston on his deal!

the microHD is a great basic FTA receiver. First thing people noticed was great picture, even on SD. Very easy to use. The Amiko has a few more bells and whistles, but also a well liked receiver.

Not wanting to spend much, I Boston's deal is probably the best you're going to find. I have a Micro HD that gets used every day and like Magic said above, great picture and easy to use, it's a great basic receiver. I have had issues recording on mine, but other than that it's been great. If you're not planning to do a lot of recording, I'd grab that one fast.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Great Star Trek legend Mr. Spock has passed away....

Wine guard Pinnacle 10 foot dish parts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts