Who is not interested in Prime Time Anytime?

How interested are you in Dish's upcoming Prime Time Anytime feature?

• Very interested. Wouldn't live without it.

Votes: 59 17.4%
  • Somewhat interested. Looks promising.

Votes: 124 36.6%
  • Not very interested. Might give it a shot.

Votes: 53 15.6%
  • Couldn't care less. That's "could NOT care less."

Votes: 103 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Somewhat Interested, but, they first need to provide a way to tell the Hopper to save all new episodes of a program.

Yes, but you can save any show to the HD and keep indefinitely.

It's amazing to me that people here are having such a hard time grasping this concept.

Okay people, let's try this again. PTAT records the big four every night and will hold those shows for eight days. You can go to PTAT and if you see a show that you want to watch and keep longer than the alloted eight days, then you have the option to move that show to your DVR (seperate from the PTAT) and hold it there until YOU decide you don't want to keep it any longer. It won't just disappear after eight days if you don't want it to...

The concept that isn't being grabbed here is that there doesn't appear to be a way to tell it to automatically save all future new episodes of a program...you have to remember to manually save them week by week. That is what klang's post above is referring to. If you look closely in one of the videos demonstrating the saving of a PTAT episode, there is no option to save all future recurring episodes.

It's a semantic argument... I tried explaining this in another thread. I was eventually banging my head on my keyboard...lol:facepalm

It's the same with trying to get people to understand/believe the automatic PITA extension due to sporting event overruns. I've been needing band-aids.

I agree, there are a ton of misunderstandings going on around here. :D

I think it's may br a good feature in that if your not to crazy about setting up a timer for a show, you may watch it not just to see what its about, this may help networks as well

You know what?? The fact that we are ALL spending so much time on all of this means "we need HELP".

In an attempt to clear things up,
MY PM SENT TO SCOTT A FEW MINUTES AGO:

"A lot of people are not wanting to believe or not understanding the sporting even over-run extension for PTAT which you have answered to my satisfaction repeatedly. Here is the question....using Sunday NFL on CBS as example. If the game is not normally scheduled to run within the block, but ends up doing so, does the block (or at least CBS) get extended by the according over-run time? I believe that it does...but I seem to be in the minority. If so, do you know how that works?

Thanks,"

SCOTT"S RESPONSE

"On Sundays if there is a sporting event PTAT is automatically extended by an hour to allow for overrun. (Also normal PTAT is set for 30 minutes overrun no matter what)"

Did not know about the normal 30 minutes pad.

Again here is what I posted last night in the Hopper Spec Sheet thread..

o The Hopper only uses one tuner to record the four channels, reducing conflicts!

• - Records from 7 to 10 p.m. MT (8 to 11 p.m. ET) Monday through Saturday and 6 to 10 p.m. MT (7 to 11 p.m.
    ET) Sunday.
  • - The general rule is: if 50% of the event falls within the recording window, it will be tagged and recorded.
  • - Sporting events have a 60 minute add-on at the end in case your game goes long.

You know what?? The fact that we are ALL spending so much time on all of this means "we need HELP".
And what's funny is how quick we will all know once we get to unbox one. And then all this typing and reading and speculating analyzing video will be for nothing. Except we enjoy it...lol.

And what's funny is how quick we will all know once we get to unbox one. And then all this typing and reading and speculating analyzing video will be for nothing. Except we enjoy it...lol.
Nah, we'll still have posts reporting/complaining "my unit acts this way" while others will say otherwise. :D

My imaginary Hopper hasn't given me any problems yet. But, if it does, I'm taking my imaginary business to DirecTV! Or, better yet, to a company I heard might be starting soon that has only HD channels... and Fear.net.

I for one like the concept of PTAT there are some nights when it would be very handy. With three sat tuners and eventually an OTA tuner we wouldn't need it every night.
Is PTAT a feature that u turn on when u need it and off when u don't (which frees up a tuner) or is it either on all the time or off all the time.

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

o The Hopper only uses one tuner to record the four channels, reducing conflicts!

• - Records from 7 to 10 p.m. MT (8 to 11 p.m. ET) Monday through Saturday and 6 to 10 p.m. MT (7 to 11 p.m.
    ET) Sunday.
  • - The general rule is: if 50% of the event falls within the recording window, it will be tagged and recorded.
  • - Sporting events have a 60 minute add-on at the end in case your game goes long.

I am sorry to be such a pain on this subject, but your reply to KAB and the quote from the dealer release regarding the Hopper do not say exactly the same thing. Your reply to KAB says that if there is a sporting event on Sunday, the recording is automatically extended. I took this to mean that a sporting event earlier in the afternoon on Sunday would trigger an extension. The dealer handout simply says that a sporting event will have a 60 minute add-on. The latter seems to imply that a sporting event within the PTA time window will trigger the extension. After your clarification, I am no longer convinced. It really isn't a big deal, we will deal with it either way, but I don't like to have confusing information put out there. Some folks love to jump on these things and later down the road will say "Dish promised us that we would never lose programming because it automatically extends the recording."

My problem with the whole extension thing is this: Will the recording reflect the name of the show or the show in the guide? Meaning if I watch Good Wife on Sundays and it is supposed to be on at 9:00pm central time , but the game went over by an hour, will the show be the Good Wife or will it be a football game instead? Can you see how hard it would be to find your shows if the recordings or set by the guide and not the actual show it is recording?

This is only a problem for those watching the East coast feeds, the Mountain & West coast zones have virtually no worries about football running long, even the Presidents speeches (except for State of Union) wiping out our prime time...

Yes, but the East coast is most important....... ;)

:D

I only had 3 shows on locals until the S.O. got a hold of the freaking remote. now its American Idol, Alcatraz, lots of others. I want to see how things work out but ill be happy as long as I dont loose my family guy and American Day

CT

ET) Sunday.
You got something against Central Time Zone. :D CT is 7 to 10 mnt is delayed and can be either 7-10 or 8-11 depending on the area. Some prefer to be like the E&W coast some areas go w/ CT type zone.

Wonder if DISH is getting some type of benefit from the NAB because PTAT would surely benefit them.

PTAT will be cool to start then it will become a drag later when the subscriber sees all the stuff that's recorded that they care nothing about(kinda reminds me of Tivo and Suggestions) I kept that turned off too.

Then when the new wears off they will look a the Hopper,then look at DirecTV's HR34(that has 5 tuners and records off all of them) and that's before you can add the AM21(Dual OTA Tuners) so make it 7 tuners to choose from.:eek:

I think that says it all.:(:doh::no

Jhon69 said:
Wonder if DISH is getting some type of benefit from the NAB because PTAT would surely benefit them.

PTAT will be cool to start then it will become a drag later when the subscriber sees all the stuff that's recorded that they care nothing about(kinda reminds me of Tivo and Suggestions) I kept that turned off too.

Then when the new wears off they will look a the Hopper,then look at DirecTV's HR34(that has 5 tuners and records off all of them) and that's before you can add the AM21(Dual OTA Tuners) so make it 7 tuners to choose from.:eek:

Remember that primetime anytime is recorded to dish Networks side of the hard drive......

huh? im didnt hear of the dual am21 making it 7. thats new. in the hr24 the ota uses one of the 2 tuners

Last edited: