Why Would He Lie???

ddlsmith

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2004
I made a deal with the Installs Inc. contractor who originally installed my V* to come back and hook up an "inside the attic" antenna for me. Since my backyard is full of trees, the only place a dish could pick up the signal for me was at the very front of my roof and the OTA antenna was pretty unsightly at the front. Since we just moved into this house, I didn't even realize there was an antenna in the attic at first, but when I found it, I called him (he had given me his cell number) and he came back and rewired the system to the existing attic antenna and took the one down off the roof. Everything works fine now, perfect signal for the locals.

But the point of this post is something he told me. I mentioned that I was looking forward to the DVR that hopefully would be coming out soon. He claimed that he just today hooked up a DVR for a V* employee. I asked if that meant everyone would have one soon and he told me that the V* employee said that the "official word" was still that it would be available in approx. March of '05.

If the V* employees are getting them already (to test??), maybe the real deal is soon to come???

I think they are saying March or later in order to give themselves some breathing room for software revisions.

Its good to hear that its being deployed even if its only to Voom employees for testing.

Considering that the latest software download screwed something up in the receiver, they can take all the time they want to get the bugs out of the DVR before I get one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts