Will DirecTV really ever be the leader

Status
Please reply by conversation.
From Google Quote of the Day. I found it appropriate for this thread.

"The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."
- George F. Will

In fact he has become more deranged over the years where his clear anti-arguments have become mostly incomprehensible. I don't even know what he is saying anymore.

Please answer true or false.

1. D* has denied that anything at all is wrong with its HD PQ.

2. There is no provider that D* could lose an HD PQ comparison with.

3. D* has made no promises of improved HD PQ.

Please answer true or false.

1. D* has denied that anything at all is wrong with its HD PQ.

2. There is no provider that D* could lose an HD PQ comparison with.

3. D* has made no promises of improved HD PQ.

1) True
2) False. Charter's PQ sucks. It's HD Lite.
3) True

Come on Vurbano, get in the corporate game. Like DirecTV is ever going to say anything but that their PQ is great. Please. You expect *way* too much from a publicly traded company. ;)

Really? How many channels of trueHD can I see on my D* reciever this morning?:rolleyes:

The exact same amount that you can see on E* and on most CCs.

Let me see if I remember correctly about my spelling rules from the 4th grade--it's i before e except after c or when followed by g.

Receiver is spelled that way, not the way you spelled it above!

The exact same amount that you can see on E* and on most CCs.

Let me see if I remember correctly about my spelling rules from the 4th grade--it's i before e except after c or when followed by g.

Receiver is spelled that way, not the way you spelled it above!
Thats the best you can do , make fun of their spelling. and E* HD looks a heck of alot better then Directv's .

Thats the best you can do , make fun of their spelling. and E* HD looks a heck of alot better then Directv's .

You can cancel your D* subscription with one phone call if you're that unhappy with them.

BTW, since we're on a discussion of grammar rules, a lot is two words, not one.

Have a great day!

You can cancel your D* subscription with one phone call if you're that unhappy with them.

BTW, since we're on a discussion of grammar rules, a lot is two words, not one.

Have a great day!
Thanks for the tip . But guess what ?? already Dropped D* HD and Now E* is my HD provider. OH I guess I didn't hit the spell checker like you . Thanks for reminding me !!! Sleep well!

Thanks for the tip . But guess what ?? already Dropped D* HD and Now E* is my HD provider. OH I guess I didn't hit the spell checker like you . Thanks for reminding me !!! Sleep well!

If E* is your provider, why are you here in the D* section, just to start trouble? I never go to the E* area. Why would I, I have D*. Why do I have D* instead of E* you may ask? Because they have the YES network, that's why. IOW, D* fits my viewing needs better than E* does. That's why most of us have the provider we do. Now go to the E* area and try to play nice. :D

If E* is your provider, why are you here in the D* section, just to start trouble? I never go to the E* area. Why would I, I have D*. Why do I have D* instead of E* you may ask? Because they have the YES network, that's why. IOW, D* fits my viewing needs better than E* does. That's why most of us have the provider we do. Now go to the E* area and try to play nice. :D
I have both! So calm down! I like to see what going on . Nobody is talking badly about directv. But the fact is I have Directv and Dish and Side by side HD is better on E*. Now as for Directv I think right now their SD is better ,And I've heard from every E* fan that no way is Directv's SD picture better then Dish. As Scott said before ,Maybe when Directv goes MPEG-4 all will change. I've had Directv since 2003,so I know atleast something about it. and the fact is now that I have Dish as my main HD provider,all my questions about E* VS D* have been answered. Directv has better SD picture quaility, better sports "by FAR!!" customer service,and equipment thats not wrapped in bubble paper. Dish has crappy SD picture Quality, customer service wait times are unexceptable and once you do get someone ,I can't understand a word they say. But HD programming is great,Prices are better,equipment works flawless,and the Install was done neat and clean. So I'd say IMO they are dead even.If Directv gives all they promise,I will upgrade my D* package again and drop E*. but if E beats them again before Directv does all they been claimming ,then I guess its Sorry for Directv.

Last edited:
To quote Yogi:

"It's deja vu all over again".

If you're happy - good for you. If you're not, find a provider that best suits you. Who cares really?

I am in the same boat as Hemi 6.1 as I have both right now-wait and see. For me the two big factors against dish are: 1-no YES network and 2-no distant networks(Giants games,etc)-I do not receive locals. Ron:up

I tire of this unending argument. These companies have virtually the same offerings - they differ in a couple of distinct areas at the moment. Neither of them is BETTER THAN THE OTHER - it is 100% subjective to a person's individual programming choices.

To argue about 6 months from now is also getting tiring - first none of us can be sure what the landscape will actually look like, and even then it will revert to point number 1 above. Neither will be putting the other out of business any time soon.

Can we ALL just get beyond thie D* vs E* thing for a while?

Over at AVSForum, member nataraj put a nice chart together that shows what HD channels various companies carry now and what they've announced deals with to carry. The chart is located at HDTV Channel Lineups on DBS, Cable, FiOS, 4DTV! - AVS Forum . Looking at the chart I think it answers the question posed by the OP and the answer is yes. The numbers that he shows includes all the V* channels on E* and doesn't include any of the sports subscription channels on D* and D* will have a 14 channel lead on E*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR-20 not recording first run

Need advice on upgrading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts