Will Superbowl Sunday be affected by all the Voom debacle?

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
If the worst happens and Voom just is no more, what does that mean for me? Sure I can go to E* or D*, or even cable, but as far as I can tell I can't schedule an install to happen before Superbowl time...not to mention I follow my shows like CSI/24/Alias/Lost every week, are the boxes going to go 100% dark on Monday? If that's the case this is just freaking terrible timing.

Dvlos: If you sign up with Comcast, you can go to their location and pick up an HD Dual Tuner DVR and be activated within 24 hours. Their CSR's will try to tell you that you can only schedule an install but you can always go to thei location and pick it up yourself. You'll get all of your locals in South FL(ABC, FOX, NBC, CBS, PBS), INHD1, INHD2, DiscoveryHD, HBOHD, ShowtimeHD, StarzHD and CinemaxHD. You also get IN DEMAND.
I'm carrying VOOM as well as Comcast for now.

Does your Local Service offer Fox?

Dvlos said:
If the worst happens and Voom just is no more, what does that mean for me? Sure I can go to E* or D*, or even cable, but as far as I can tell I can't schedule an install to happen before Superbowl time...not to mention I follow my shows like CSI/24/Alias/Lost every week, are the boxes going to go 100% dark on Monday? If that's the case this is just freaking terrible timing.

Just a point: in "Central Ohio our cable does not carry " Fox, or Abc ". if your local cable does not carry those station's then you have no choice>: And " E " or " D " does not carry HDTV on those Station's.

Depends if you can get OTA or not. If you can you just need an antenna/tuner. If not, run down to Best Buy or Circus City and pick up a D* box and self install (if D* beam locals in your area, though you won't get the game in HD).

Rob.

Hello, that's kind of stupid ?. He want's it 61.5 :( would Guess.: Why would you ask such a question He has at HDTV "OTA" tuner ": Voom "

kelljc said:
Hello, that's kind of stupid ?. He want's it HD I :( would Guess.: Why would you ask such a question He has at HDTV tuner ": Voom "

No need to get nasty and be wrong again kelljc. He asked what to do if the VOOM box goes dead. If the VOOM box goes dead he does not have the HD tuner in it now does he :rolleyes: ?

The alternatives for a quick solution include another tuner (assuming he can get FOX OTA), or non-HD sat. Goodbye :wave.

Rob.

Not not He asked????

rvsixer said:
No need to get nasty and be wrong again kelljc. He asked what to do if the VOOM box goes dead. If the VOOM box goes dead he does not have the HD tuner in it now does he :rolleyes: ?

The alternatives for a quick solution include another tuner (assuming he can get FOX OTA), or non-HD sat. Goodbye :wave.

Rob.

He asked why he did not get 11.1 so let's keep the fact's correct>::: Why would he need another tuner???> I have 4 and they all do they same thing. is this not correct. Mr. Guru???

Just a point: in "Central Ohio our cable does not carry " Fox, or Abc ". if your local cable does not carry those station's then you have no choice>: And " E " or " D " does not carry HDTV on those Station's.

All OTA is carried by Comcast in South Florida.

kelljc said:
He asked why he did not get 11.1 so let's keep the fact's correct>::: Why would he need another tuner???> I have 4 and they all do they same thing. is this not correct. Mr. Guru???

Wow. Nowhere was 11.1 mentioned except by you. And the number of tuners you have has nothing to do with this thread. And who is Mr. Guru?

What riffjim4069 said best :D :D :D . EOT.

Rob.

get a life:

That was the question on this Site: " Go back and look": following is a " quote " from a : Voom Supervisor::: " We're going to provide customer's unterreupted service> .... " thank all customer's for there support ""

JK

By the Way if you're going to use my Post"ls

rvsixer said:
Wow. Nowhere was 11.1 mentioned except by you. And the number of tuners you have has nothing to do with this thread. And who is Mr. Guru?

What riffjim4069 said best :D :D :D . EOT.

Rob.

Make sure you read all post's in this thread or the one previous.

You're not a Voomer::::

TheTimm said:
Grow up, kelljc. Now go to your room and learn to punctuate.

why would I have to grow up. why don't you grow up and smell the sent?. " Voom oh Voom how good do you smell ". " oh I forgot English is what were're talking about. yea right???????

Your're big oh " BS "

TheTimm said:
Perfect reply, retard. Sure put me in my place. :rolleyes:

We're going to provide customer's unterreupted service> .... " thank all customer's for there support : " now how do you respond to that??

Same way I respond to anything you post, retard. Wonder what the hell you're talkin' about and what is has to do with anything. Put the crack away dude.

What?

TheTimm said:
Same way I respond to anything you post, retard. Wonder what the hell you're talkin' about and what is has to do with anything. Put the crack away dude.
::

I don't think you know anything about Voom: just another " Bs'er ": call Voom and you'll know what it's about?. " Oh I forgot you're the State up North". " Go Ohio State ":: "Hellor no reply in 10 min what a suprise::::" Oh I forgot I'm a retard:

Oh, obviously I'm not near the Voom expert that you are. If Voom had more well-spoken ambassadors such as yourself working in their best interests, I'm sure there would be entirely different scenarios playing out now.

That was "sarcasm", little boy. Go look it up.

TheTimm said:
Oh, obviously I'm not near the Voom expert that you are. If Voom had more well-spoken ambassadors such as yourself working in their best interests, I'm sure there would be entirely different scenarios playing out now.

That was "sarcasm", little boy. Go look it up.

Thank You for the input: but the Fact is you know nothing about Voom or you would have a quote from them as I do ::: " Quote "" We're going to provide customer's unterreupted service> .... " thank all customer's for there support " :

And that appears to be the only quote you are aware of. You've posted it what -- five times today. You really think this is big news, moron? "Business as usual" is hardly an earth-shaking revelation. But keep on posting it simpleton -- maybe you can ask your parents to explain to you what it means.

And your logic :

"but the Fact is you know nothing about Voom or you would have a quote from them as I do "

makes you sound like a five-year-old. My apologies to any five-year-olds who may be reading this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts