Will Superbowl Sunday be affected by all the Voom debacle?

Dvlos, unplug the sat cable on the 31st and don't turn it off or touch it until the Super Blow, this should hopefully keep your OTA alive.

When there wrong why Not?

vurbano said:
O dude your askin for it :eek: A little advice if I may. Probably isnt the best idea to insult the staff members.
:::
You have people from Flordia and Cal who get everything, but you know there are 48 other states in this country, and we don't hear much from them. I happen to be in one of those 48 served by time warner Cable & Wide openwest. neither one carries " Fox or ABC HDTV " can you explain why this is. other then a few dollars they have to pay?. " I can only speak for Central OHIO ". not the entire State > which I really don't care about. " Also I did not insult any staff person. if anyone was insulted it was myself. " READ ALL POST's " unless there gone by other means..... " Remember The Truth Never LIes.

kelljc said:
Also I did not insult any staff person. if anyone was insulted it was myself. "

hmm...lets see
kelljc said:
Why do we just see such a ugly big face?::

That was a direct quote to me, a staff member.

Quit throwing up the same stuff over and over....I cleaned up the thread because all the bickering has to stop.

If someone doesnt have something constructive to add to the topic, DON'T

....and...don't ever insult myself or another staff member here :)

riffjim4069 said:
You made me laugh! :haha
Its not really funny. Their last playoff game was awful. They send 15mpbs video and 1mbps audio out from the source and i just isnt enough.

kelljc said:
You have people from Flordia and Cal who get everything, but you know there are 48 other states in this country, and we don't hear much from them. I happen to be in one of those 48 served by time warner Cable & Wide openwest. neither one carries " Fox or ABC HDTV " can you explain why this is. other then a few dollars they have to pay?. " I can only speak for Central OHIO ". not the entire State > which I really don't care about. "
Sorry but I dont know why time warner cable wont give you more network HD. My guess is that the situation is the same as COX here. They refuse to carry the affiliate subchannels, therefore the local affiliates wont give them their channels. This must carry battle is something the FCC is supposed to rule on soon and according to sources at AVS they will rule in favor of the cable companies thankgoodness.

Thank you for your Input

Iceberg said:
hmm...lets see

That was a direct quote to me, a staff member.

Quit throwing up the same stuff over and over....I cleaned up the thread because all the bickering has to stop.

If someone doesnt have something constructive to add to the topic, DON'T

....and...don't ever insult myself or another staff member here :)

I did not insult you or any other staff member:. you're here to help and to control this site for Voom matter's and when and if you don't I would be remis not to bring it up. for all of the thousands who might happend in " just checking on the status of " VOOM " they do not come to this site for " EchoSTAR or Directv News', I would guess there came here for " VOOM New's" and if you wish Ban me from the Site. I will not except this site as a Echostar or Directv news center . ' This is a Voom Site ".

kelljc said:
I did not insult you or any other staff member:. you're here to help and to control this site for Voom matter's and when and if you don't I would be remis not to bring it up. for all of the thousands who might happend in " just checking on the status of " VOOM " they do not come to this site for " EchoSTAR or Directv News', I would guess there came here for " VOOM New's" and if you wish Ban me from the Site. I will not except this site as a Echostar or Directv news center . ' This is a Voom Site ".

This is my last post on this issue
-Yes you did insult me (why do we see a big ugly face is an insult to me). I have never insulted you. Now if I said “I crap turds bigger than you” that would be an insult.
-I do not control the site for Voom's matter and neither do anyone else. I don't even have Voom. Never had it...no HD at home. I don’t have DirecTv. I have Dish for locals only (for my cabin).
-I normally do not visit the Voom portion of Satelliteguys. I am in the Free to Air and Canadian satellite section, as I have both. I also visit the Dish Network area as I have had them for 4 years now. I just happen to click on the headline about the SuperBowl, only to see 25 posts of bickering and off topic stuff. Someone asked Sean, who is admin, if he could clean it up. I did not see Sean in the area, so I decided to clean it up. Sean can read any post that was deleted and make the final judgment.

I read through all your posts, and it seems as if you keep posting the exact same thing on all the posts…either the same lines or “this is a Voom forum”. I got news for ya, Voom is a part of the Forum. We have forums here for Dish, Direct, Voom, Free to Air, C-Band, Canadian satellite, Satellite Radio, and just satellite in general. We cover ALL satellite options. Most people do cross lines and check out other forums. I have never had DirecTv, but help out there as need be and not insult people. So, god forbid if someone posts something that you may not like, please refrain from the smart-a** comments. You may add constructive input to the forum if you’d like, but respitting the same lines over and over doesn’t help your credibility.

vurbano said:
Its not really funny. Their last playoff game was awful. They send 15mpbs video and 1mbps audio out from the source and i just isnt enough.

Yes it was. It looked so bad that I just turned off the Tv. I then went to my brother's house and watched it in SD on his 31" TV. Looked much better than what Fox was broadcasting that was supposed to be HD. I really wish the Superbowl would be on CBS or ABC.

Hey Iceberg,
You ain't ugly dude.
Come to Texas, put a cowboy hat on, and learn to 2-step. The cowgirls would be waiting in line. Heck, I'll buy the longnecks!

Maybe FOX will do a good job this time around with the Superbowl. (on topic insurance :) )

Hopefully between the FCC and whatever Dolan is trying to do to keep Voom afloat will be enough to keep signals broadcasting for the next few weeks/months... I'm going to ride Voom until their end, hopefully they will be able to announce a concrete date if they do go under like "Hey March 4th is the last day your boxes will work" so I can schedule an install with someone else on March 4th. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts