Will Voom Show a real DVR tomorrow at CES 2005? Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, that's why i been reading all the posts for more info. I think I have made my decision. Thank you much though and thanks for the welcome. glad to be on here.

:)

vurbano said:
I fully understand. Its pretty ridiculous over there most of the time. I really admire the way you kept a level head over there.
Here , Here I totally agree with you Sean.. I too stopped posting over there on the VOOM posts because it's the same old people saying the same old uneducated and speculative things.. ans sometimes they are down right mean about it.. Like they are the HD GODS or something, Thanks for all your help... :D

Is vOom scheduling a press conference at the CES to announce the DVR and future plans?

this press release sort of bothers me though, say's what channels they are adding, more Fox Sports, but where the hell is Fox Sports West?!!?!?!

From reading the press release posted today on AVS I see no mention of a HD DVR in Voom's announced growth plans. So does this mean the DVR displayed in their CES booth is nothing more than a concept mock-up with no functional use other than set dressing? I posted this earlier on this thread and I believe someone deleted the post. So let's see if I get censored once again.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=491896

Indy said:
From reading the press release posted today on AVS I see no mention of a HD DVR in Voom's announced growth plans. So does this mean the DVR displayed in their CES booth is nothing more than a concept mock-up with no functional use other than set dressing? I posted this earlier on this thread and I believe someone deleted the post. So let's see if I get censored once again.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=491896
Maybe you should read the title of this thread?

Indy said:
I posted this earlier on this thread and I believe someone deleted the post. So let's see if I get censored once again.
Is this the message you are looking for?
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=271830
Indy said:
So does this mean the DVR displayed in their CES booth is nothing more than a concept mock-up with no functional use other than set dressing?
I guess we will know for sure later today. Stay tuned for upcoming SatelliteGuys reports from CES!

Apparently D* has an Mpeg4 demonstration running there. Wheres ours?

Any pictures to post of anything yet?

ramcm7 said:
DirecTV just announced that they are working with Ucentric on a whole-house DVR. The audio update when I logged in here said the Voom press conference was cancelled? Has D* scooped Voom's DVR partner?

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050106/sfth011_1.html

So much for those "insiders" that were saying that Ucentric was dead in the water. How about that for a laugh? Nope. They also have cable companies as partners as well. Good for Ucentric.

vurbano said:
Apparently D* has an Mpeg4 demonstration running there.
Does it mean that HD-TiVo will be useless when D* migrate to Mpeg4? Wow, poor people who pay 1000 grants for it. I guess D* will give them the option of a new (Ucentric?) MPEG4 DVR upgrade for another 1000 grants. LOL

Walter L. said:
Does it mean that HD-TiVo will be useless when D* migrate to Mpeg4? Wow, poor people who pay 1000 grants for it. I guess D* will give them the option of a new (Ucentric?) MPEG4 DVR upgrade for another 1000 grants. LOL

It means TIVO as a company is done! If you have anything invested on Tivo, now is the time to sell it. It looks like D* is saying its final farewell to Tivo. Sorry for those that invested on a $1K Tivo and $1K 921. One learns the hard way, the only way to get these DVRs (no matter what company it is) is to lease since technology changes by the minute.

P.S. this is just an opinion.

The UCENTRIC / VOOM Press Conference scheduled for today has been canceled.

Anyone know why this was canceled?

Wow this is exciting stuff. This CES show is like waiting in the delivery room for a baby to be born.

Yes I totally agree on the lease scheme. It's a stupid idea to invest in company-tied and technology at release equipment unless you'll be able to sell it.

The release on the 942 showed no indication of a lease program, just $749. So they aren't ready to lease that expensive hardware yet.

Hopefully Voom will pull through with a lease of their DVR.

And haha to the D* people that thought E* was alone with a encoding upgrade and killing old boxes. Basically every company will be upgrading to new formats in the year ahead.

I am glad I didn't shell out the 1k for the HD tivo.

I wonder if Voom canceling the Ucentric press conference has anything to do with D* Ucentric announcement.

vurbano said:
Wow this is exciting stuff. This CES show is like waiting in the delivery room for a baby to be born.

It didn't take as long for my kids to come out as it is taking the Voom's DVR to come out.

overclocking.gif

bruce said:
It didn't take as long for my kids to come out as it is taking the Voom's DVR to come out.

Bruce,

You are too much...man... What is it that you have E*? There are some press releases from E*, I am sure they will welcome you overthere :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)