Will you buy an Apple Watch?

Will you buy the first version of the Apple Watch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 57 79.2%

• Total voters
Welcome to the club.

I also like the numerous accessories out now for the Apple watch. The 3rd party bands are very high quality. The 18 Kt Gold plated one with matching watch cover is my favorite.

Scott- I get 44 hours average with 2 hours charging. My wife only gets 24 hours on her 38mm which has the smaller battery. I have quite a few apps loaded but I did read a review that the wOS2.0 Beta was really a power hog. I don't charge at night. I wear it everywhere and just charge it when the powersave mode kicks in. I pulled it off the charger Sunday Morning and it has 23% now at 5AM Tuesday. But I've only had about 10 minutes of talk time. I just don't yak on the phone much.

One thing I haven't figured out yet is when I get a call answered on the watch and it's a "press 1 for English" I need the keypad. Need to research that to see if there is a trick to bring up the keypad. Most of the calls coming in I just reject but with the Credit Card security verification, unless you can quickly enter the numbers, it will deny the charge so I need to figure out the number pad on inbound calls on the watch.

Have you tried out Satelliteguys notices yet? Anytime someone quotes me in any thread, I get a notice and can read the response on the Apple watch. It also works for other forums too.

Welcome to the club.

One thing I haven't figured out yet is when I get a call answered on the watch and it's a "press 1 for English" I need the keypad. Need to research that to see if there is a trick to bring up the keypad. Most of the calls coming in I just reject but with the Credit Card security verification, unless you can quickly enter the numbers, it will deny the charge so I need to figure out the number pad on inbound calls on the watch. .

This is something i would also I would like to know, have been unable to get any answers from the various forums where I have posted this question

Well today I am returning my Apple Watch....

I am in my last day of my 14 day return period.

And I will be leaving with one of the new Gold Sports Watches instead. :D

Is the Gold polished or does it look more like the annodized aluminum TV antennas, kind of dull and not "shiny" What sort of band will you get with it?

Here are some pics.
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1441911811.654216.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1441911856.140875.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1441911887.763091.jpg

Reactions: Foxbat
Nice color and it is deeper than most anodized aluminum. But it is still a soft look, not high polish. I've never seen any anodized aluminum have a mirror finish. Still a better look than the basic aluminum, in my opinion.

I explained that already because my new 1 day old Pebble Time Steel watch died and they told me it would be 6 to 8 weeks before they could send me a replacement.

Nice color and it is deeper than most anodized aluminum. But it is still a soft look, not high polish. I've never seen any anodized aluminum have a mirror finish. Still a better look than the basic aluminum, in my opinion.
I'm sure it's the same gold color and finish as the new MacBook, iPhones, and iPods.

The gold Sport model is tempting, and some one I know who likes Apple goodies has a birthday coming up soon...

When I first heard of the sports gold watches idea, it didn't seem right.
Looking at pics though I've changed my mind. Looks very nice and classy.

My wife has the sport and we just got the new Rose Gold cover and the Rose Gold Melanese band with the magnetic clasp. This combo looks really close to the Apple Edition series as does my polished Gold set.

She also got a polished sterling silver link band and that really goes nice with the Aluminum Sport. This was a special order one off but only cost $85 with the adapters.

This is the really great thing about the Apple watch that sets it apart from so many other competitor watches. There are so many accessories now and you can change the fashion look as well. I have yet to see any of these low cost bands not fit well, easy to swap out in a minute, and bring a whole new look. It's like buying an expensive sport coat and then changing the look with a half dozen neckties.

I want to buy one but my wife says they're nice but she doesn't need one. I don't need one either. It's more of a want. I still think it's much better than the fitbit.

Nobody "Needs" an Apple Watch. It's definitely a want. I see it as a convenience, all purpose tool and nice piece of jewelry. My wife had a watch for her whole life and it was just a watch. Now, the Apple watch is not just nice jewelry/watch, but also an accessory to the phone, when it is stuck in her purse, she can take calls from her wrist, see her text messages, and she checks the weather radar. Not so much into the fitness stuff. But the fun part is changing the look of it with the accessories.

I'd love it if I could interest my wife in the Gold-tone or Rose Gold-tone Sports Apple Watch. She doesn't get my texts because her 5s sits in her purse with the ringer silenced. I saw the Rose Gold Sports watch in the Apple Store today and the Antique White & Lavender bands are very nice choices for the Rose Gold. But even the 38mm is still a tad too big for her wrist.