Would like to have dish at my seasonal campsite

rb8484

Original poster
May 9, 2011
Southwest Michigan
I have been a dish member for several years. I currently have a dual tuner DVR at home as my only receiver. I would like to get a single tuner receiver added to my account and be able to use it at my seasonal campsite. I have been told different things regarding this. One person said dish will not allow you to do this, and others told me to call dish and add the new receiver and have it installed at a new service address (the campground)
What is the best way of doing this? We are only at the campground on the weekends and at home during the week.

You can do what's called a Snowbird, but if you do this, you have to take ALL active receivers on the account to and from both homes, as well as call in to update your physical address every time you change homes. Having active service at 2 locations, under one account, at the same time, violates terms in our residential customer agreement.

If you need service at both places at the same time, you'll need to open a second account

Well thats a bummer. We are at our campground for just 2 nights a week, then home for 5 nights. The campground is only 10 miles from home too. Defiantly cant afford a second account!
We tried to use our over the air antenna to get our locals, and on a good day we can get 1 channel

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
You can do what's called a Snowbird, but if you do this, you have to take ALL active receivers on the account to and from both homes, as well as call in to update your physical address every time you change homes. Having active service at 2 locations, under one account, at the same time, violates terms in our residential customer agreement.

If you need service at both places at the same time, you'll need to open a second account

If this the case would one account be offered at a discounted price. Like me with 3 address I am at through out the year and have 3 accounts could 2 of these be discounted?

If this is an Recreational Vehicle at the campground, you can send Dish the RV registration an then you can have a seperate receiver setup at the campground. If it is a land building, then you are out of luck in getting Dish to help.

I have been a dish member for several years. I currently have a dual tuner DVR at home as my only receiver. I would like to get a single tuner receiver added to my account and be able to use it at my seasonal campsite. I have been told different things regarding this. One person said dish will not allow you to do this, and others told me to call dish and add the new receiver and have it installed at a new service address (the campground)
What is the best way of doing this? We are only at the campground on the weekends and at home during the week.

Would it be real difficult to unhook your current receiver and take it with you? That gets around MOST of the issues with multiple locations.

maybe that's what the taligator is for???

If this the case would one account be offered at a discounted price. Like me with 3 address I am at through out the year and have 3 accounts could 2 of these be discounted?

The other accounts wouldn't be discounted :(

However, provided you are not in any sort of commitment, and you own the equipment, you can either put the account on pause, or have it shut off completely when you go there (you would pay prorated charges for the time it is used).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)