Yankees and Braves will be watching the Playoffs this year

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Two teams that have been to playoffs for a long time and this year they will both seat and watch better teams play in the playoff.

Yankees have so many problems that I do not think they will be able to resolve them. Starting pitching sucks; bullpen sucks; and too many injured players. The WC will not come from the East as in previous season. Both Yankees and Red Sox are playing for one spot.

I agree taht teh YAnkees and Sox are playing for one spot----unless Detroit collapses completely. But folks have written the Yankees off the last two years and they managed to win or tie for the division lead. So it is a bit early t write them off.

Lots of baseball yet to be played. Braves are history, but the Yankees are right in the thick of it. As of today the Yankees are 47 and 35. That means they easily win 95 to 100 games, not to bad. Pressure on Deroit, watch for a melt down

uhlesses said:
Lots of baseball yet to be played. Braves are history, but the Yankees are right in the thick of it. As of today the Yankees are 47 and 35. That means they easily win 95 to 100 games, not to bad. Pressure on Deroit, watch for a melt down

I don't know how easy it will be for the Yankees to win more games in the last 80 than they did in the first 82 but if they could get healthy anything is possible. Despite their injuries they are only 3 games out. Their situation is nowhere near as bad as Atlanta. having said that Atlanta has had a darned good run.

Actually, we just felt sorry for the Mets - I mean after 14 years they need the chance to get at least 1 division title.

I don't know about that!!

Half of the starting position players are injured and A-Rod is a liability but only 1/2 game behind Boston, just swept the White Sox!!

How is someone a liability when they're hitting 284 with 19 home runs and 66 rbi's? I hate it when people jump on the "I Hate A-Rod" train simply because it's trendy.

rcbridge said:
I don't know about that!!

Half of the starting position players are injured and A-Rod is a liability but only 1/2 game behind Boston, just swept the White Sox!!

How is someone a liability when they're hitting 284 with 19 home runs and 66 rbi's? I hate it when people jump on the "I Hate A-Rod" train simply because it's trendy

Don't hate A-Rod, Just watching him in a tight game with RISP and during the playoffs he just never seems to come through!!

I hope he snaps out of it and gets the hits when it really counts!!

I think the expectation on A-Rod are very high. Last night he committed three errors. It did not cost the game to the Yankees but he was taking out in the nineth. According to Torre he was limping after fouling out a ball. Is that the real reason or Joe is trying to protect him and possibly not get another error when the game was close?

Either way I hope A-Rod does not become a bust in NY. There's lot of players that have come to the Yankees and have been embraced by the fans. A-Rod is another story. I think one day he is going to leave and will not fullfill the expectation of the NY Fans.

think the expectation on A-Rod are very high

I fully agree but at his salary we have a right to expect a lot from him, but it is well known that some players (in every sport) can't perform in the big cities!!

When he comes through when it really counts he will be embraced!!

1/2 Game to go!!

rcbridge said:
....but it is well known that some players (in every sport) can't perform in the big cities!!

You have a point there. The correlation is there (at least in the NY Market Baseball).

Kenny Roger (both with the Yankees and Mets)
Chuck Knockblauch (sp? Lost it after a while in NY)
Roberto Alomar (some may argue that it was the end of his career or NY marked the end of his career).
Mo Vaughn ( I do not know how the Mets never looked at the injury proned and decided to pick up his contract from the Angels. Since then the Angels have been a better team).
and more...

A bust in NY? Arod was just the MVP in 2005 and the first right handed batter since Joe D. to hit over 40 homeruns as a Yankee. Wish my life was that kind of bust. The Yankees will be right in the thick of the race folks.

Braves are starting to scare me again. They have a massive hill to climb but they are on a tear right now......

If we keep winning two out of three we are fine, but if we get stuck in a long losing streak........

Hey, I'm a Mets fan...... it's like the Red Sox and the Yankees, we WAIT for the Braves to spank us. I'll continue to look over my shoulder until that magic number hits zero.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts