Yankees collapse perhaps?? LOL

Lives in NY and complains about the Boston fan ...... sheeeesh :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have relatives in Mass. and btw the owner of the Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics and the TD Garden is Jeremy Jacobs of Buffalo, founder of Delaware North Company and Sportservice (Majority of concessions in stadiums around north america).:)

I have relatives in Mass. and btw the owner of the Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics and the TD Garden is Jeremy Jacobs of Buffalo, founder of Delaware North Company and Sportservice (Majority of concessions in stadiums around north america).:)

Good owners move from time to time.

One of the Detroit owners moved and took over the Tampa Lightning, doesn't mean I HATE the Lightning.

Art Modell would be the exception to that thought.

Jacobs does not own the Celtics. They(Jacobs and his kid) are the worst owners of any franchise in Boston/New England.

Islandguy43 said:
OK., let me correct that. Delaware North owns the Celtics and guess whom owns Delaware North?

Let me correct you, Wyc Grousbeck and Steve Pagliuca own the Celtics. Not the Jacobs or Delaware North.

So why are the Yankees struggling?
Age of some of the players.
They went to the World Series last year. It takes a toll about this time of year.

So why are the Yankees struggling?
Age of some of the players.
They went to the World Series last year. It takes a toll about this time of year.
Posada is definitely showing his age. Even the Red Sox pretty much ran at will last weekend, stealing 2nd and 3rd!!

Their starting pitching has to be a concern. Other than Carsten Charles, no one else is throwing well lately. Even Rivera is in a slump...

Posada is definitely showing his age. Even the Red Sox pretty much ran at will last weekend, stealing 2nd and 3rd!!

Their starting pitching has to be a concern. Other than Carsten Charles, no one else is throwing well lately. Even Rivera is in a slump...

While you cannot deny Posada is getting seriously old for a catcher, those stolen bases Sunday night were on Mariano, not Posada. For two of the steals it was not even worth it for Posada to make a throw. The other two he had virtually no chance.

Their starting pitching is a concern for sure. Hughes did pitch very well Sunday night, but they just have to hope Pettitte and Burnett can resurrect past playoff glory despite recent injuries and rocky outings.

Sandra

While you cannot deny Posada is getting seriously old for a catcher, those stolen bases Sunday night were on Mariano, not Posada. For two of the steals it was not even worth it for Posada to make a throw. The other two he had virtually no chance.

Their starting pitching is a concern for sure. Hughes did pitch very well Sunday night, but they just have to hope Pettitte and Burnett can resurrect past playoff glory despite recent injuries and rocky outings.

Sandra
I agree, but bouncing a throw to third definitely didn't help. Whether the pitcher or Posada was to blame, I'm sure the other playoff bound teams were watching...

Also on the pitching, what was up with Joba's 'pickoff throw' to an unoccupied first base?? That was one of the strangest things I've seen in a while. It's not like Teixiera was playing behind a runner, there was no one on first.

Even if the Yanks finish with the wildcard position, they will most likely have the 2nd best record in major league baseball for the year; and they are still currently only a half game behind Tampa.;)

Even if the Yanks finish with the wildcard position, they will most likely have the 2nd best record in major league baseball for the year; and they are still currently only a half game behind Tampa.;)
Code:
x-Philadelphia	94	63	.599	-
Tampa Bay	93	63	.596	0.5
NY Yankees	93	64	.592	1
x-Minnesota	92	64	.590	1.5
The Twins are right on your heels too... ;)

Chances are pretty good that TB or the Twins get best record in the AL with the other being second.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts